MQS Schedules/Ribbons

Mary Beth

Tuesday afternoon is when we are planning to pile in a couple of cars and take a road trip to a couple of quilt shops....and eat....are you sure you want to stay behind to man a table Nancy/Joy??

Donna...you will have a very, very special ribbon!!;)

Joy, Tuesday evening there are activities that you will not want to miss. We will abandon the table then.

Yikes, no way MB. I wanna go pile in cars. Forgot about that. I can do some time on the other days though. I think I only have one class on Weds and some open time Thurs and Fri. I\'ll look at my schedule and send you an email. I tried not to overload on the classes so I could do some things like this.

Special ribbons? Some people get special ribbons? Ok, well when I become the master quilter that y\'all are I will be demanding my special ribbon too. :P:P:P

Nancy

Hey you guys, I think that there just has to be some times when the table is not attended.

For example, during the Wednesday Shopping Frenzy 3 - 7 PM. I\'m pretty sure that we all want to be in the vendor area for that.

And the Award\'s Celebration is 8 - 9 PM on Wednesday, too.

The Shop Hop time, I can\'t remember when that was.

The Audacious Auction is Thursday 7 - 9:30 PM and there will be a cash bar and an ice cream sundae bar, too. And there is even a prize for the best costume representing the Tropical Treasures theme. Get out your hula skirts and dust off those coconut bras. :cool:

Of course, Friday is the banquet ($35 a person). No rubber chickens here. This meal sounds yummy: Kalua Pork with mango pineapple salsa, Sticky Rice, Tradewind Vegetables, Tropical Fruit and Nut Salad, Bakery rolls and for dessert Pineapple Cream Cake. The banquet is where the Bernina and Gammill machines will be awarded (must be present to win) and the winner of the Viewer\'s Choice will be announced.

Oh my!!! I had forgotten about that! It makes me giggle just remembering!

I\'m planning on helping drive when we go out. I\'m taking the tank I drove last year that holds at least 7 besides me (legally) ;)

Looking forward to meeting new friends this year and looking forward to seeing ladies from last year who I enjoyed so much.

I\'m green with envy. It sounds like you are all going to have such fun. I won\'t at MQS because I decided to do the maintenance class in Carroll, Iowa this year instead. I also did a lot of "stimulating the local economy" while on the trip. Maybe next year I will be able to attend.

Pamela

I want to stimulate the economy, too. I hope our "stimulate the economy check" gets here before MQS because I\'d really like to cooperate with the federal government!http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/images/smilies/wink.gif

Jeannie, is Betty Lou coming with us. She was sure a lot of fun last year.

Phyllis:

Betty Lou is my husband\'s now. She never worked right after Mary Beth dropped her on her head. I think she just stayed mad. I now have Peggy Sue who is named after my Millie. She not only says "Recalculating" til you want to strangle her (Wait!! Now I know why Mary Beth dropped Betty Lou on her head!!! Thank you MB!), but she changes it every once in a while to "Off route" so she\'s not annoying the entire time, though she\'s much louder than Betty Lou (volume? what\'s that?) Can you tell I haven\'t read the instruction manual yet?

I don\'t know what her problem was! We NEVER missed a turn! I guess I\'d better read her book so I can figure out how to mute her or turn her down!

Though if I mute her I have a feeling there will be alot more missed turns. Did I say that? Correction: There will be some missed turns. Not saying that ever happens. It\'s just more possible. Did I say that? Correction: Why do we need her?

We never make wrong turns. She\'s just our comic relief!

I have decided instead of trying to keep up with all of the offers, (there are many and I appreciate every one of them), I am going to just either let you show up whenever or have a signup sheet or something...this should be very casual so whatever goes...we are on vacation!! Sort of :)

Archived