I have a quen size to do. It is a 1000 pyramids and all the pyramids are a different color, from green to pink, to yellow, orange, red, purple, and everything in between. It is really very pretty, except for the 6 inch wide black border around the whole thing.

It is a penny an inch quilt, so I want something fast and easy. No separate borders on this one.

I had thought of CL swirlz. Any other ideas out there?

Ooooo--I like Patty Jo\'s idea of a Terry Twist, but maybe not in each triangle. Twist it in a larger section, like 4 triangles together in a larger triangle. It would take less time and look at the practice you would get for TT! Or an even larger triangle made up of--let\'s see---9 triangles together. Can you tell I had to draft it out to count the triangles?

If you have a kajillion colors, anything you do will be splendid.

Your customers don\'t know (yet) how lucky they are, Teresa.

Teresa--

What would you think about using black on the whole thing? You stitch beautifully so you wouldn\'t worry about bobbles. And the black would combine the body with the border. Unquilted, the border looks like an add-on just to make the top bigger. The black thread might unify it all. Just a thought. ( I would opt for a curvey/easy overall.) Thanks for the pic--nice top to play on!

Teresa, I agree with not using solid black thread all over, but a darker varigated might look ok. If not a swirly all over design perhaps break the units into larger triangles made up of four triangles or diamonds of eight triangles and twist on them, then you could twist away on the border mimicking the design in the center. I would go with a swirly or curvy all over as my first choice but the others might be fun for practice. Be sure to show us what you decide on when you get to it!

Teresa, ya know I would almost use the ecru in the body part both sides and then in the black border, black thread both side. I have done this on several quilts even show quilts and it give it such a fine two sided look. Also it would depend on if your customer likes the darker thread on the back as well, but it sure would be easier than to keep the pokie ecru from showing on the top or the black on the back....

As far as design...I like the TT designs...and like Linda suggested maybe not just each one, but several in a combined area...would make for an interesting back look.

Good, what ever you do it will be just great.

I like Terry\'s idea--and it would be quite easy as you are going across in rows--do the bottom half of the hexagon CCing--or any type of line dancing treatment going right and then come back doing the top half going left. You could even mark the triangle shape with chalk into the black border and do the same treatment in the border as the center--I can\'t always explain what I am seeing in my head. I think it is called the "ghost" treatment. That way a whole section is finished with one pass and you can move very easily to the next set of triangles.

Archived