Atten. newbies!

uncquilter

Hi fellow newbies. I recently received my first issues of "Machine Quilting Unlimited" magazine. Articles of particular interest to me were "Loading a Quilt for Frame Quilting", "Hey Isn\'t This Thing Supposed To Lie Flat?" and "Fresh Focus on Feathers." There were lots of great articles and inspiration. I recommend it to any machine quilter be they longarm or DSM. Just wanted to share.

Carol

Shana,

I liked it so much I bought the back issue, which was the premier issue. I\'ve found everything about it really helpful for someone like me who has limited knowledge of machine quilting of any kind. Always sent it to the longarmer or shoved it thru the dsm with a walking foot. Can\'t wait till the next issue! I bought the 2 yr. subscription also.

Carol

The website states:

With Unlimited Possibilities Magazine targeting the professional longarm quilting market, Machine Quilting Unlimited will focus on the home quilting enthusiast using a domestic sewing machine or small frame system.

Was there enough in machine Quilting Unlimited for a longarmer? Does anyone subscribe to Unlimited Possibilities?

Julia

Julia,

I also subscribe to Unlimited Possibilities which is how I learned about Machine Quilting Unlimited. Unlimited Possibilities is a great publication also. It is for the long arm user while Machine Quilting Unlimited\'s focus is for the dsm and small frame system like the website mentioned. I felt the majority of the articles to be useful for dsm, small frame or long arm (especially newbies like me). There were articles on loading a quilt on a frame, making a quilt lie flat, design elements, threads, etc. These were great for me. Maybe not so interesting for a seasoned long arm quilter like many on this site. But for me it was like the fog was clearing! After reading those 2 issues I already felt more confident and excited about loading my next quilt. Guess you can tell I am a big fan of this publication. (No I am not affiliated with this publication in any way). I also love Unlimited Possibilities and will continue to subscribe to it as well. It is packed with info for the longarm quilter.

Carol

For those of you who subscribe to Unlimited Possibilities...there is an article coming our in an upcoming issue that may be something you will enjoy reading...let\'s just say...it may be about you!! Enough said...this is just to bait you. I\'m looking forward to getting my issue!!

Originally posted by Mary Beth

For those of you who subscribe to Unlimited Possibilities...there is an article coming our in an upcoming issue that may be something you will enjoy reading...let\'s just say...it may be about you!! Enough said...this is just to bait you. I\'m looking forward to getting my issue!!

Mary Beth, how do you know the "inside scoop" about this article? Did you write it???

I can just see your resume now:

Mary Beth: 30 year successful carreer as a Wife, Mom, Bama, Friend, Quilter and Author.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived