Which Panto's do you like?

Guest Linda S

I like just about anything by Jodi Beamish (popcorn, waterworld, daisy swirl, etc. Also some of Deb Geissler's - especially the spirals galore. I also have most of Nichole Web's pantos - like those very much.

Linda

Diane, you can purchase:

Jodi's pantos from her website - www.willowleafstudio.com

Deb Geissler's from her website - www.designsbydeb.com

You can also purchase pantos from www.quiltscomplete.com (they carry both Jodi's and Deb's patterns plus several other designers)

Columbia River Quilting also sells pantos - www.columbiariverquilting.com

Kings Men Quilting in PA also sells pantos - www.kmquiltingsupply.com

I know there are several other locations that are very good to purchase items from, but these are the few from the top of my head.;)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

My personal favorite panto pattern designers are Deb Geissler, Lorien Quilting, Sophie Collier, and Jodi Beamish. I have pretty much every panto from these people that are digitized for the CQ..... I am loving the look of the "new" designs from pantograph designers right now!!! Sooo very much better than the old time patterns where the rows were overly evident!!

Trillium House (longarmsupplies.com) carries patterns from almost 30 different designers. I'm in the middle of reorganizing the web site, so don't have all the new patterns on the site yet, but there is lots to choose from.

If you're a Beginner, you can go to Products: Patterns: Beginner Pack and you'll see 13 patterns for the price of 12 that I've chosen specifically for the beginner. They go from a simple one line pattern to a more intrictate pattern. All have been chosen to teach you different skills. The bonus is that these patterns are all popular with customers too. I'll be changing this pack and adding 2 more, so you can start with the most simple and progress through to more difficult.

A few things to watch when ordering patterns:

1. Stay away from long "swoops". Short distances are easier to maintain control on than long ones.

2. Stay away from patterns that have closely spaced parallel lines. As a beginner you need some "fudge" room. Look for patterns that won't show if you go off the line a bit.

3. Patterns that are "mirror imaged" are more difficult. I've included Chantilly Lace in the beginner pack as a "challenge" pattern. It is worth the effort to get good at this pattern.

4. Look for patterns that "interlock". I don't stock many patterns that don't interlock. I also don't stock many that need to be "shifted", but the few I do have are worth the extra time & effort.

Because I've taught Pattern Quilting to beginners for 6 years, I can help you choose patterns that you'll use over & over again. Wish I'd had the advantage of someone else's experience when I first started! I could have saved a LOT of money and a lot of drawer space! ;)

Shipping is done daily, Monday - Friday. If your order is placed by 1 PM Pacific Time, in most cases it will go out the same day by USPS Priority Mail, or Expedited Canadian Mail. No extra handling charges.

I mailed an order a couple of weeks ago that got to Germany in just under 4 days!

Archived