Old Singer machine

Brad, your secret is safe however, be extra proud to be a biker and a quilter. There\'s over a dozen bikers on this site including the MQS teacher of the year. I have a toy hauler/RV, my bike is on one side and my Bernina is on the other. The only way to go camping!!!

How cool Connie!

Margie doesn\'t advertise it much, but she has a motorcycle too and we ride a lot together. My Harley is a 1952 Panhead and I trust it completely as long as I\'m not toooo far from some tools, so we stay fairly close to home.

I have an enclosed trailer we can haul the bikes in and I think it\'d be a hoot to pull them to Colorado, (...or maybe Virginia) and then make day-trips from there to wherever...

I\'m afraid though, that if I mentioned to Margie that we have room for a sewing machine in the trailer, I might be making the day trips by myself!

Originally posted by lym95

I\'m afraid though, that if I mentioned to Margie that we have room for a sewing machine in the trailer, I might be making the day trips by myself!

Well, I\'ll venture to bet that Mrs. Margie has already thought of that idea (space for the sewing machine), Mr. Margie, but she knew it would freak you out so she hasn\'t mentioned it... Some things are better left unsaid.

I\'m pretty sure Margie is just like all you ladies in that she\'s not overly concerned about my vulnerable ego...

In other words, she relishes every opportunity that comes along to freak me out!

(and as I\'m sure you know Shana, I would never EVER do that to her...:))

Mary Beth,

What a lucky find. That\'s so rare and adorable. I cringed last week when I heard that one girl at work threw her old machine out because it stopped working when the fabric on a rolled hem was pulled down and locked up the machine. She said it was "broken". OMG. There are so many ladies out there that just don\'t put the value on these machines that we do.

Enjoy your new baby!!

Sewhappy,

What make and model Singer is it? My mother worked for the Singer company for 18 years. This was during the early 50\'s into the 60,s. I took my first sewing lessons when I was 10 to keep me off the streets and within my Mother\'s eye.

Anyhowwwwwww to make a long story short I still love the old black steel machines. My favorite being the Singer 301 model, the little sister the 99K portable (you have to be pretty strong to carry this baby around) it weighs 47 pounds.

If my memory serves me right I think at that time the Featherweight sold for 99.00 special deal was at the time the table was free, of course the case was included.

That was a lot of money then!

Just had to see what you got?

Ginny

Great find, sewhappy, enjoy it. I found two Singer treadle machines about 4 years ago and they are both still in their original tables. Need to get busy and see if they work. One of the cabinets needs some TLC. I will have to get DH to look into that. You\'ve inspired me to get those up and running so I can put them in my new house.

Archived