A Quick Quilt for my DFIL

I had planned to make a quilt for my FIL about 2 months ago, but, time ran out and I put this one together last week. Just now getting the pics out of the camera. I used homespuns from my stash and the panto used is "Santa\'s Forest" by Dave Hudson. My FIL had a cabin on Priest Lake in northern Idaho for years, and I thought that the trees would be perfect for him. I freehanded the night sky above the trees as the panto didn\'t quite come out right on the length. Anyway,

2885928650094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

2495000990094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

thanks for looking.

Thanks for the comments. It really is hard to make a guy quilt and by using all those homespuns, it sure helped. As far as the width of the stips, I\'m thinking that I cut them 4" to finish 3 1/2. The quilt went home with our daughter who will deliver it to my FIL, so I can\'t measure it. I guess that\'s what happens when you crank out a quilt really quick. The piecing isn\'t as great as it coulda been and the mind doesn\'t remember very well, but maybe that also has to do with age?? I really debated on whether to just quilt in another row of panto, but decided that the pattern could use a night sky. although you can\'t see it on the front very well, the back came out pretty good. Again, a decision made on the spur of the moment as I had to get it done to send back with our daughter.

Originally posted by PattyJo

the mind doesn\'t remember very well, but maybe that also has to do with age??

Patty Jo, It isn\'t age, It\'s that often times we are trying to keep track of - and figure out - too many things at the same time. You have a long way to go before you can claim the "age" thingy.:D

Archived