Channel Locks

dtreusch

My channel locks sometimes do not respond to the command to lock or unlock them. Sometimes I have to try 2-3 times for the command to take (and yes I do make sure that the command button is held down while issuing the command). Other times I will have to move the machine just slightly and then the command will take. Any ideas what could be causing this? Maybe the buttons are going bad?

Thanks!!

Debbi

Hi Shana!! I haven't check the back handles yet and I haven't checked for any loose connections. I'll check both of those tonight. Good idea. Mark or Amy - chime in if you have other ideas!!

I've been so buried in quilts lately, I haven't touched Romancing the Stone since before MQS. I have a lot of quilts to get done for the state fair in August and then for the AQS show here in Des Moines in October. I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel and can maybe get back to it pretty soon!!

Debbi

Hi Debbi

Is it happening with both channel locks or just in one direction? If it is one direction (more likely across the length of the table) you might just need to adjust vertical bar that is on the outer edge of the channel lock device.

The vertical bar needs to stay inside the "teeth" on the wheel to engage. Not too far in though or the machine will be too hard to move. To adjust the vertical bar, look to the right of it and you will see a small allan key screw (set screw). Turn it clockwise a fraction and try the locks again.

Your manual will have instructions on to make the adjustment (better than I've explained here)

Good luck

sue in australia

Oh yeah. Sure MB. Like I have time for romance between quilts, work, quilts, church, quilts, kids, quilts, a dog, quilts, a piano, quilts, gardening, quilts, etc. I think you get the picture. :P :P :P

Here's a pic of Romancing the Stone, the original. There was a little accident with it and I won't go into details. :o Anyway, I'm working on Romancing the Stone, the sequel for MQS next year.

BTW - I'm still trying to figure out a date for shopping in August. I'm not sure now that it will work because I have to play in an concert the weekend of August 21st and I think you are busy the rest of the month. We might have to plan for later in the year. I want to get that fabric, cuz it's also for MQS next year. At least that is the plan right now when I get dug out from under all of these quilts!! I counted tonight and I have 4 more quilts to do for the AQS show in October, and 2 auction quilts then I can breath a little bit before starting on Christmas quilts!! :D

Debbi

post--13461899988698_thumb.jpg

Ok ladies, Mr. Construction Cutie is married. :o

Anyway, his ankle is healing and my basement is now entirely finished with the help of his wife and 2 daughters. I am really enjoying the new space, especially the new lighting above my machine!! I just need to get some cabinets, a cutting table instead of a plastic table, a sewing table, etc...... :D:D

Debbi

Debbi,

Sorry to hear he is married....that is what always happened to me too until DH came along and I bought a dress...oh, you all know the story. FYI, (I hate that) don't let them remain single too long after you catch them...get them to the alter before they know what hit 'em.

Your quilt is beautiful!! You did good girl.

Sorry to hear about your channel locks...can't help though. I was having problems with mine, and Amy had me switch those little lights on top of my machine, that indicate what button has been pushed...once they were popped out and swithed, everything worked...don't ask me why.

Just let me know when you want to come down and go shopping. I'm looking forward to it....although I am looking for a job...hopefully it will be something where I have weekends off.

No I haven't called them. I usually get home from work about 4:00 and am usually unable to reach them at that time. I usually have better luck putting something on the forums. At least in the past.... Maybe they aren't in the office this week.

BTW - It is a long distance call. I am in Des Moines and they are 2 hours away in Carroll.

Debbi

Archived