Question about drag

Okay, so I did it. Turned on the machine and started a practice piece. This is GREAT! And, to my delight, not one birds nest, loop on the back or broken thread :P. One question though. The machine seems heavy/hard to move. Are my wheels adjusted too tight, or they just a little on the heavy side?

Your wheels may be too tight or your trusses may be too high causing the drag. I know I had my trusses way too high and once I adjusted them I was much happier. I like my wheels a little tighter than Shana but it is all personal preference. I think the wheels took me the longest to get right! Don't be afraid to tweak them!

Okay- slap me up side my head. We used to live out in CA near San Francisco. SO . . . I am thinking Drag Queens. You know, we just don't have that out in Kansas. . .

Ru Paul. Go get em girl. . . or get our the crescent wrench and adjust like the fine ladies said above.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Peggy,

Glad you got started:D

I loosened my wheels and think they are better - may even loosen a bit more. Circles are much better with looser wheels. Also had to play with my tension and now is much better. Finally - since I am new to all this, did have a couple of birds nests when I started in manual - have to get the timing down between hitting the start button and sewing right away. Maybe I should start at as slow speed and then once I am going increase the speed?

Enjoy:)

Meg

Peglu, check the level on your table also. I read here that it can go out of level and cause drag.

not too long ago my machine was suddenly started dragging for an unknown reason. It couldn't be anything I was doing, right? Yea, I had locked the rails so I could clean the Bobbin area... duh on me.

bobbi

Archived