2ND WHITE ELEPHANT GROUP

When I saw Shana's post about what she got out of the box and what she put in, I realized that I had forgotten to do that. I can only plead how busy I have been with customer quilts.

Anyway, I took out a package of steam-a-seam2 lite and 2 iron-on princess 'thingies!" They are small pink sparklies that will be perfect on t-shirts for 2 of my granddaughters, who are 1 and 4.

But, I can't for the life of me remember what I put into the box. I do remember putting in 3 or 4 things, as I didn't feel that just 2 items of what I had was worth as much as what I took.

Fun, fun! This is a great exchange!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi gals,

Glad everyone's been happy with the box so far.

Sheila,

It's OK..glad to hear you're busy! Those little Pricess things were supposed to be for my granddaughters but they out grew them before I got around to remembering where I put them! They're 10 and 6 now.

• 2 weeks later...

Joyce,

There are several names that were added to the list and in locations that were close to others already on the list. I had tried to keep mailing distance down to a minimum as much as I could to help keep the costs down.

Hope no one is upset that their name wasn't listed in order of sign up. Just trying to be considerate of costs in these days of financial limitations.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by LisaFL

I got the box yesterday and mailed it out to Angie Mueller today. So Angie you need to keep a look out for it! :cool:

Lisa, Did you perhaps make a mistake about who you sent the box to?

It seems the box went to Sandra in LA!

I posted a copy of the names and their states on this thread:

"Where are the Elephants" currently on page 1 of the Chat About Anything forum.

I'll try to copy it and post it here too

Hi all

Maybe I'm getting too old to keep track of these names!! I told you all in the beginning that secretarial skills were my least aptitudes.

On the following link, I picked up the list where it began with Sheila.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=12494

It appears the Yvonne C was not added to the list that was mailed. That's how Sandra G got the box after Lisa.

When I printed out the list it printed in 2 pages. Angie is at the top of the list on the 2nd page. Mine at least.

I'm giving you the list that I have beginning with Sandra since she has the box last as posted. It is as follows:

Wilma, OH

Karen OH

Joyce OH

Me........I would like to be last, Please.

Angie, MN

Debbie R

Marylyn CO

Pam H IL

Robert W. NM

Added 11/16 and not on the list:

Kari H MN

Lyn L SC

Karen L I'm sending you an email with the last 2 names and addresses to add to the list.

Could someone email me the list as it is in the box if it differers from this one? It could be that the "box list" was printed on my husband's printer and came out different than it did on my printer. My print out is the one that I've been following. I need to add Yvonne's name if it doesn't show up on the list that's in the box.

Perhaps we can get this all straightened out between us.

OK, now I'm going to take an Advil and lie down; my brain hurts ;)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bringing this to the top again so we can find the box for the group that started in July/Aug of '08

The last one who posted was Joyce in OH and she was sending the box on to Angie. That was in Dec!!

Now, where is that cotton picken' box? It's got to be in someone's house or it's been lost. I hope it's not lost!!

Will someone please comment on this thread so we all know what's happening.

Thanks

Archived