what parts to keep on hand

A newbie question.....

Now that everything is up and running and I am loving it:) I feel it is time to look to the future. I know things go wrong at times and we need to become our own fix-it persons.

What parts would be wise to have on hand. I was thinking of making up a basic kit of parts that would most likely be needed. What are your suggestions.

thanks,

Meg:cool:

Motor brushes work like oil in your car. There is one on each side of your motor. It is just a little rectangular piece of what I think is carbon with a little spring attached to it to hold it in place. Usually when your machine starts acting wacky it is because these are wearing down. You want to change them if they get to about 1/4 of an inch in size. I knew mine were bad when my machine would come out of stitch regular mode right into manual.

Originally posted by peglu

What are pigtails, and where do you get them. I don't see them listed on the parts list at APQS.

The technical name is: Thread guides: Wire - pigtail $1.30 each.

They are the little curly cue thing that the thread sets in from the spool to the needle....

Originally posted by meg_marsh

Not sure the chocolate will make it to the box:P.......... Maybe that's for a special box....

No, what ya do here is go to Costco/Sam's and buy the big huge container, and....eat on your way home, and WHATEVER you have left goes into the box (or in my case two...one to eat on the way home and one to put into the box)....for a rainy day/emergency.;)

Archived