Green Dream Batting

I attended a guild meeting once, the speaker was a man, and a quilter, and a former math teacher. Anyway, he was talking about polyester batting and how it is made from plastic and how plastic deteriorates after a time. I was in my attic not long ago and picked up a plastic bag that had something stored in it and the bag fell apart, I could not even pick it up. I won't be using plastic in my quilts.

Linda...great quote!!

This is an interesting way of recycling.

I don't think you need to be worried about snuggling up to a plastic bottle which has been made from petroleum. In fact we've been wearing beautiful soft and warm polar fleece (petroleum) clothing for years!

I've got a layer of wool and layer of petroleum on right now 'cause it's 4 degrees celsius here in wintery Australia.

Happy quilting,

Judy

I got one batt when I got my last QD order. It is not a dark green, but it is definitely green and I would not use it on a white background quilt, either. It handles like the same weight Dream Poly. It's more expensive than Dream Poly. When I picked up my last order, I found out that they now have QD wool in King rolls and talked to them about whether they were considering carrying silk. and "it's being entertained." I love QD products because they are great products and close to home and the people are oh-so-nice to deal with. It's basically a family business.

I have a few folks I know who will want to use this new products simply because it is "green."

Archived