Advice on antique quilt please

A customer gave me a quilt to do for her stepmother and the mother just wanted SID. I suggested CL feather wreath in each block and she agreed. I have finished the quilt and am now wondering if I have done enough quilting. I used the CL wreath in each block, and SID in all sashings and 9 patchs. Each sashing consists of 3, 2 inch wide pieces with 9 patchs connecting them. Would you do more stitching in the sashings like a straight or curvey line down each? Or is this enough that I have done? The sashings are not even and some are rather puffy. Here is a picture of the finished quilt.

Appreciate all suggestions. ;)

Susan

post--13461900150322_thumb.jpg

I agree with Heidi...the star points need to be sewn down, but I wouldn't do it for free....and MAYBE some background fill around the stars, but again that not necessary...the blocks are down well, they should wear washing good.

Its a very pretty quilt and simple on an antique is always my favorite way to quilt them.

Thanks for all of your advice. I did SID around some of the star points where the fabric wasn't laying flat. I used Masterpiece thread and I don't really notice any difference between the stars I SID around and ones I did not. When I look at the back of the quilt I can barely see the stitching the thread is so thin. I liked using the Masterpiece thread and didn't have too many problems with it. Now I just need to bind the quilt and that should be loads of fun on the uneven borders.;)

Susan

Archived