I found this in my studio!!!!

I really wanted to be there last week and spend time near my "home" town of Covington. Unfortunately it was the first week of middle school and it was a good thing that I was home. Everything turned out great but there was angst at the beginning.

I see that Karen is going to be in Denver in November but that is the weekend of my quilt groups semi-annual retreat. Even Karen can't keep me from this retreat. I guess I'll have to go to Minnesota....

Donna

Wow!! Donna, my hometown is near Folsom. Can you believe that. It is a small world.

JoAnne, no that is not me standing by Karen. That is one of the ladies who drove in from Alabama.

Catherine, Lafayette to Hawaii -- do you do etoufee' there? Can you even get crawfish -- shrimp is a great sub of course!! Some of us are going to Deloa's camp ans we are making gumbo the first night.

Oh Karen tried a "boudin ball" -- She loved it -- for about 5 seconds -- then the spices hit -- she told me the spiciest food she has is oatmeal. :P

Deloa Jones and Jamie Wallen are coming in November! :):):):)

Sandra

Originally posted by SandraG

Catherine, Lafayette to Hawaii -- do you do etoufee' there? Can you even get crawfish -- shrimp is a great sub of course!! Some of us are going to Deloa's camp ans we are making gumbo the first night.

Sandra

Not in Hawaii up here, but I do make Etoufee' (shrimp as I can get them easy) as the crawdad's are a bit slim up here.;)

Well, we had good crawfish once -- there was this guy named Broussard who raised them up in some ponds up north of me. He sold them out of the back of his truck on the highway on Saturdays, boiled with garlic, & fabulous. His dam got destroyed in an earthquake last year & he could not rebuild, so now I have to settle for shrimp from Costco. All this food talk is making this (1/2) Cajun girl anxious for a trip home, during the season. That's crawfish season, NOT hurricane season! Save that boudin for me, cher.

Hey Sandra,

We gave our neighbor some of that sausage ( I know you have a funny name for it) and he made some gumbo and gave us some. I must say it reminded me of my visit. It was good. Dave got a fryer for chicken and we are getting southernized. I am really looking forward to coming in Nov. It should be a little cooler than it was in July.

DeLoa

Another Cajun here! I grew up in Houma (between Lafayette and New Orleans). I sure wish you wouldn't speak of the foods cause it just starts a cravin' that I won't be able to satisfy until next Spring. I'll be there in May/June for my granddaughter's hs graduation. Laze le bon temps rule"

Barb -- I bet you sound funny to the westerners :D They probably never heard an "akk cent" like a coonie!!!! My friend has a great shop in Houma. We are in the same "shop hop." I look at the other state shop hops and just laugh. We have a grand total of 4 shops in our hop. I hope you can visit us when you come to Louisiana. Maybe we could "quilt for a day." I know you will find the food "ces't se bon."

Sandra

Archived