Ulitimate II help

Yes, you can get any part you need for our older machines...just call Amy and play 20 questions with her and she will help you get whatever you need.... I at this point am not sure which part is catching your needle but with your description to her she may well know...

The bobbin is set in the hook assembly...is that what the needle is catching on? Or are you asking about the bobbin housing...that is what the actual bobbin sits in and that whole unit is then set into the hook assembly....

I also have an Ultimate II. A few months ago in an early morning daze I put in my needle backwards and it kept hitting the bobbin race hook. :(

At first I couldn't figure out what was going on (duh?) So, I took the needle plate off and rotated the needle down manually---and sure enough I could see the problem right away!

Also, make sure you have pushed your needle up all the way before you tightened it with the screwdriver.

After I turned the needle around, had my coffee ---I was

fine:)

Yes, as Bonnie said you can get a whole new bobbin assembly for your machine. But you will have to retime your Ultimate. It has to be pretty worn out to need a whole new bobbin assembly unit.

Hope your problem is as simple as mine was. :)

Well...I did a little cleaning...another new needle, more oiling etc. got a big gob of junk out(i always do a cleaning after each quilt) turned the wheel up and down slowly and it wasnt broke...maybe there was a glitch in the needle I had put in...I did check and the needle was in right...I dont care what it was ...but it is better. Machines!!!! Dont they drive you crazy..thanks for all the input

So glad to hear your problem is solved. I clean my "Rosie" very well after each quilt. It sure has saved me. At times I have found big chunks of lint collected under the needle plate. That is why I mentioned before about taking the needle plate off and really inspecting things with a small flashlight.

I use a small vacuum to clean with and brush at the same time.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Kristina...

Vicki....did you get it...just making sure its not lost in space. Oh, and if I remember correctly there was an OLD VHS tape that went with this machine....did the seller give that to you as well? I no longer have mine, couldn't even begin to tell you where it went...

Hi Bonnie, I just got home from work and yesterday I went to bed after I read your email. I go to work at 4 am also. It makes for a crazy life, you are too tired after a

day at work or it is time after dinner to get going for the next day. I have printed the 1st email, and am starting on the 2nd one. I really appreciate this.

I might try to call if I need some help. I have been sewing for 48 years. Started when I was 10! Obviously I love it!! Thanks again, Vicki

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Vicki Sue

Bonnie,

is the humidity still down?? Cool enough yet?? I have only done a practice piece, but it is wonderful. Too many birthdays out of town to get to really play. :-((

Did you sell your Ult II & what did you get instead? Just curious. Thanks for all your help girl.

Vicki

No not really the Humdity is still in the 75% range, but sure beats the 100% we had all summer.

No the Ult II is still in the basement...its a pending sale...hope to hear soon. The new ( to me ) Millie is in the basement and all up and running.

Your welcome on the help...and if I can in future just yell.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Bonnie,

Do you still use the UII from time to time. I know that you have the Milli, but don't make the UII feel bad and tossed to the side. I have an UII and the UI and I use both all the time. When the Comuquilter in running so is the UII. I've had my UII since 1996 and I just can't give it up. I've had about 6 offers on it and I still say no on selling her. I just can't give up on a machine that has given me such quality work. zeke....................

Originally posted by zeke

Hey Bonnie,

Do you still use the UII from time to time. I know that you have the Milli, but don't make the UII feel bad and tossed to the side. I have an UII and the UI and I use both all the time. When the Comuquilter in running so is the UII. I've had my UII since 1996 and I just can't give it up. I've had about 6 offers on it and I still say no on selling her. I just can't give up on a machine that has given me such quality work. zeke....................

Zeke...its been sold....don't have room for both...

Archived