Going to Reno tomorrow

I already have on my local shop hop list:

Windy Moon Quilts

Going Batty

Quilting Hens

Is there any other shops I should go to?

Bonnie, I've tried searching but couldn't find shops you suggested a month or so back. It seems there was a fabric store that shouldn't be missed. Was it Mill End Fabrics or Home Fabrics?

Jolene, what time will you be at Windy Moon? I have a doc's appt and will be there after to pick up a hat embroidery frame for my husband.

I only know of Going Batty and Windy Moon in Reno. I think Carson has opened a shop and there's an awesome shop in Gardnerville, if you have the time.

Isn't Florida to NV a long drive just to go shop hopping??:P:P

Robin, there is a Quilting Hens in Sparks, NV seems to be about 15 minutes out of Reno.

Dory, my DH has a conference there so I get his suite and rental car for the week. Used airline miles for the flight so nice cheap (until I hit the quilt shops) shop hop. When will you be at Windy Moons? I fly into Reno @ 1:30 Monday and my schedule is open until I leave on Friday.

I'll probably be on the road home by the time you're ready to hit the shops.:( I have to meet a customer at 3 to drop off her quilt; otherwise I'd hang around and actually meet you in person.

You'll have fun shop-hopping and do go to Gardnerville's shop. It is the best! Just stay on 395 heading South to Gardnerville. I think there's a traffic light and you'll turn right at Waterloo. Its in a strip mall type location, but you'll think you're in an old house when you walk in. Its definitely worth it. Its called the Quilt House. www.thequilthouse.net is their website.

If you like good Chinese food in a nice location, make sure you eat at the Jade Palace. Its on the corner of Lakeside & Moana. Yummy!

Have a fun and safe trip.

We lived in Truckee (Lake Tahoe) years ago and I used to shop at Mill Ends. Unless things have changed, it is a big, dusty warehouse will all kinds of fabric (from fleece to lycra) including some quilting cottons and several woven stripes & plaids. There are some funky notions too. It's near the highway that runs through town. Have fun!

Jolene, You can check out:

Sierra Sewing on South Virginia

Sew n Such off Kietzke now, (I think)

Hancock is on Greenbrae

Mill End Fabric on Kuenzli

Twisted Scissors on 1360 Disk Drive in Sparks

There is one on Plumb too, that has some nice cotton fabrics, but I forgot the name of it.

I'm about 80 miles on 395 North of Reno. If you make it this way let me know. Barbara

Archived