Underwear quilt

Yes Linda - you got me too!! The whole "Made you look - made you look!!" Funny quilt, but still - - - hmmm

Sue - Love the photo of the Bra quilt - too funny!!!

Kathy - You could just tuck that little Teddy Bear right into a pair of undies!! Like a pocket - or better yet if it is small - a real pocket from a pair of jeans!

Bobbi - Good use of lacey things - how about in a crazy quilt too?!?

In answer to the bra quilt question-She collected various bras from her closest friends for this quilt in celebration of her 60th birthday. No they were not stuffed-she titled the quilt "My Saggy Friends" and I quilted their names in the border area (no last names). It was huge-so it was too big for a wall. I think it was just for kicks and memories-but it was fun. The stuffing would have to be added after the quilting-it was so thick just the way it was I had trouble getting it to roll!

post--1346190046372_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the laughs. Boy you guys notice everything in a photo! Love the BVD's on the quilt. The bra quilt looks smashing with so many varieties. A crazy quilt made from the lacy lingerie sounds like a wonderful idea.

Linda - To fix your design wall, you might attach some Homasote (sp?) 4x8 sheets (www.Homasote.com for a list of where to buy this 98% post-consumer recycled paper, thickness is about 1/2" thick) over the outdoor paneling. It's great to pin into it. After we secured it to the wall with drywall screws, I covered it with poly fiber fill batting and some of the E. E. Schenck (www.eeschenck.com) white flannel with the 2" printed purple grid (pre-wash to shrink it slightly) by using a staple gun that gets into tight corners. I used probably about 8 yards of the flannel for a wall of about 11' wide by 8' tall and seamed it together into one large piece before doing the stapling. Be sure to wipe down the 4x8 sheets of Homosote first because there is a dust on them. Let me know if you want some photos.

Vicki

Here's the full wall photo of the design wall that my DH designed for my studio. Please excuse the mess on the floor as it is overflow from classes. The projects on the board are the Funky Curvy Rail quilt squares by Karla Alexander on the left, her Cups, Cups, Cups in the middle (not complete), and a Sharon Schamber class with the vase and I am working on adding the flowers which is called Daffodil and can be purchased on her web site, only I made it from metallic painted fabrics.

I also use this wall to post reminders off to the right.

There is track lighting of five spots from the ceiling so I have plenty of light.

A step stool is sometimes necessary for large work. Don't know how I could do without this design wall since it is such a cheerful addition to my studio too. Part of the thrill of quilting is being able to see the work laid out.

I also use it as a photo area for recording finished work.

Hope you have room for one of these. I'm sure it would bring you so much joy.

Vicki

post--13461900467173_thumb.jpg

That might work, but I don't have enough pairs of speedos to do a quilt and I don't touch other men's underwear.

Never!

Ever!

Maybe I could put a note in the church bulletin:

Ladies, send me your tired, frayed, worn-out bras and I'll sew them all together into a quilt that'll be displayed with your names attached at the State Fair next year!!

I might even make a girdle block or two...:D

Sorry to make fun Sue... I think the bra quilt is amazing!

mrmargie

MrMargie - How about Crown Royal Bags?? Right now I have a contact at the local liquor store who is saving them for me.... I don't drink the stuff, but some of my husbands friends do - and they are saving them for me too. I happen to love the color purple - so I thought - why not?!:cool: I only have about 10 so far.... did see a quilt up at the MN state show using these too...

Vicki - I Love your design wall!! Thanks for posting the info and photos... I will have to save this and show my husband for "whenever" we get around to finishing the basement for me, or building a studio......

Looks like you have nice tall ceilings too!!! What a great room!

Judi,

I've always wondered what in the world a person could do with those beautiful bags! That's a great idea and there must be a jillion of those things around. I'd considered having Margie sew some of them together to make me a sweater, but thought it might be a little garish...

Oh - go for it!!!! I have been wondering how to use the little gold braid that goes through the top of the bag - hmmm....... Make tassels to hang from a sweater?!?! Now like I said I really like purple - I could do this!! Thanks for that suggestion!

I was looking at wal-mart for the shirt in that color to try and make the jacket that Bobbi posted in another link, but they didn't have my size so - ...... why not!?!? Would be a little more work to piece it - but it could be done!

Archived