Underwear quilt

Here's the lurid story--My customer was commissioned to make this T-shirt quilt by her buddy

and was sent a box of stuff from the 80s left behind by the 40+ year old son years ago when he moved out.

The pair of kid's size undies was in the box and she couldn't resist.

The top is hideous and we all recognize this fact--me, my customer, and her customer-----and soon

the son and his wife!! Surprise!!

Wonder where this beauty will reside in their home?

Linda, I think that's a back of the truck quilt!

You gave me an idea though! I have saved (for whatever reason) lingere (sic) I had from the '70s & '80s. Beautiful come hither stuff that is less than 1/2 the size I wear now! But very beautiful lacy silky camisoles and tap pants, and tiny things that wouldn't fit on one leg, much less my tush! I think I'll put them in a quilt for the BR wall! Thanks!

I'm not Linda (good morning Linda)...but my first guess would be a wide slatted Beadboard....They have it at both Lowe's and Home Depot. I've seen it in several different widths.

AND Linda...how do you keep it so clean in there...you don't even have a thread on the floor....my place looks like a nightmare your is so clean and so ready to use.:cool:

Bobbi-

I have also saved my "Come Hither" (I love that!) apparell, tho I have been using them in quilts for years now. I don't care to see them whole however as it makes me sad that I was once that young and that size so I tend to comfort myself with chocolate and it creates a vicious circle! :D I use the beautiful silks, satins, lace and glorious ribbons as embelishments! It creates a very nice effect and saves money-when I was young, thin and single I bought the most gorgous and the top of the line as money really was no object! Everything matched (at one point I had 18 different watches!):cool: from head to toe!! Now after 18+years of marriage and two kids I spend little on myself. I did however recently splurge on a "fancy going out" pair of sneakers - They have fancy fake gold sewn into the design!!:D:D

Linda, that quilt is just too funny for words! What a glorious way to get even with your kid for not ever moving his junk! Almost makes me wish I had kids...almost:P:P

Your studio looks huge and very, very clean. :D Love the spool holder on your machine, but what is that next to it that is also secured with quilter's duct tape? Did you float the top (is that the right terminology? I'm still learning... and its a loooong, slow process:D) ? Float is when you baste the top of the top to the backing and then just let the bottom of the top hang, right? You don't use the top roller do-hicky?

Ahh, wonderful idea to get back a thy son!!! I too have a box of his 'things left behind. I'm afraid it contains some stuffed animals, including his favorite 'snuggles' teddy bear. Do you think that would look good in a quilt?! LOL! I just know he'd appreciate it!

Way to go on catching our attention!!!!

Oh, the bra quilt is a hoot. I liked the bikini one that was out in a magazine a few years ago, too.

the t-111 siding is what we used in dh's hobby room, but I thought the spacing on the one shown looked different. it's also a booger to put push pins into...really hard. I'm trying to think of something for my la room for a design wall.

sammi

Omagosh--just came home from work and enjoying a cup of homemade tomato soup and

I am laughing so hard ! This quilt has been a real chuckle-inducer!

To answer some questions---

That is the cleanest corner of a very messy room!

The studio wall is exterior T-111 siding because that was once the

exterior wall of Dennis's shop. I claimed the old lawnmower storage

area and Den finished the interior but did not replace the siding. It

is almost impossible to tack anything to the siding.

The top was done full-float and the bottom section is just resting on

the front roller. Usually it is tucked under the machine in two

side-by-side batting boxes that I use to keep the batting and

the floated top off the floor. The funny taped thingie is a coffee filter

to catch the clippings. And there is my block-of-wood-with-a spindle

horizontal spool holder on the top of the machine.

Yes Linda C.--this vision came to be as you see it with waving borders

and a pieced backer with one side sagging about four inches.

I suggested flames (great minds L.C.) but my customer wanted "the cheapest"

--which was a big old meander or fat loopies. I went with the loops to help

rein in the borders. I used BL oatmeal on top and taupe pre-wounds

in the bobbin and the thread hardly shows.

I love the bra quilt!! I wouldn't have been able to resist stuffing them before stitching em down!!!

Thanks for the comments--now I will post the recipe for this tomato soup on the recipe topic!

Archived