hopping foot

I have two questions about the hopping foot. Is it suppose to be 2 business cards from the quilt or from the naked machine? How do you lower the foot if it is too high? My machine is skipping and my foot is about 3/8 of an inch high. I think it might be the foot height.

Thanks

Carola

Hi Carola, I think it really is the foot being too high. Amy told us that the hopping foot should be the thickness of two credit cards from the machine table.. That helped us.

Too difficult for us to explain, the best thing would be to call Amy or Christy at apqs tomorrow.. I think you have to get into the machine at the needle end.

Good Luck,

RitaR

Your hopping foot should be 1-2 business cards from the bed of the machine, and it is measured when the foot is at its lowest point, so you would turn the flywheel until the hopping foot is as low as it goes, then measure. You can adjust the height of the foot, there is a hole in the right side of the machine. You will need a long skinny screwdriver, insert it into the hole and there is a slot inside the machine you will need to find with the screwdriver. Once you find it, unscrew it slightly, put the business cards beneath the foot and retighten at the proper level, making sure that the needle is still centered in the foot. It's not hard to do, but the hard part is finding the slot.

Thank you guys

I appreciate this site because I can always get information.

Mary Beth I thought that you were a Brit there for a minute because a torch is a flashlight in England. But now I know you are just fired up.

I love this kind of sense of humor that I grew up with in Mn.

Thanks

Cheers

Carola

Well I guess I hadn't had enough tea yet when I read MB's "Torch" because I read it as Torque....

Its true when you only see the first few letters my brain read it write.

You are good Mary Beth...you can write in code and I might actually get it.:P;):P

It was in regards to credit cards versus "business cards" I asked refering to "business cards", which kind, the paper the ones more like cardboard or the plastic or laminated.

I thought it was a question I could get an answer to, but I was wrong.

Thanks for asking, Kenna. Maybe you can get an answer.

RitaR

Thanks very much Amy, I'll make sure Roland sees this.. he insists you told him credit cards...

Penny does stitch well when the tension is right, so I don't think we'll change it now.

Thanks Again. I appreciate knowing that. Himself just read this and said he stands corrected, so I do too. ;o)

RitaR

Archived