What to order when you get your CL?

belquilt

Okay Ladies,

Its going to be a VERY extra special Xmas for us at my house and DH has told me to get something special. So I want a CL!

I love my Hartley but want to do a few more things that it can't do. SO....

1) What's the talk about having to raise the machine (I have a 2006 Liberty)?

2) Which templates should I order? I am thinking about the Featherz and the Ginko (sp).

All input is welcomed as I want to order PDQ!!!

Beth,

I ordered 2 giant templates - CL Swirls and CL Square Dance last May, at MQS. We did have to raise the machine a smidgen, which was fairly simple (for my DH to do).

I have NO regrets. Have gotten a lot of compliments on these quilting designs - a cinch to set up and get things done.

I am paying on time, through the year, and when I get these two paid off, I want to order the 7 Treasures, the Water template, and possibly Zig Zag. I can't wait to see what designs Michael comes up with next.

Am a little leary of the basic unit (which I have not ordered) - not sure exactly how that one would work.

Looking forward to hearing from some of our CL "Queens"!

No queen am I, but I love my Circle Lord. Just ordered a couple more of the small templates that should arrive today. Yipee!!

Barbara, you would love the basic set. You can do so much with it. I really love the ginko. It is so easy to set up and use. Easy on, easy off. Like Mary Beth said, it makes me look like I know what I'm doing.

And Michael is so easy to work with. He keeps us on his computer and knows instantly what we need. :P I could go on all day about the Circle Lord.

The Featherz is great too...all sizes. I have the big one and the tiny one coming today. So easy to use.

Hear that repeat...EASY TO USE.

Thanks Barbara, Beth D. and Phyllis. I appreciate your input. Why do you have to raise the machine? Its it just for the long templates? I plan to start out with the "circle" templates, although the long ones that Barbara mentioned are tempting too.

I think I will send Micheal my order tomorrow. OH BOY!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME:cool::P;)

Beth, I urge you to call Michael(toll free number) and talk to him as he will help you make your decision.

I think that the machine has to be raised for the stylus. It's pretty easy to do. He provides the spacers and stuff needed and if you have any problems give him a call and he will walk you through it. Customer service is GREAT!

The machine is raised so that the carriage will clear all of the templates. It is easy to do, Michael provides step by step instructions on how to do it and he also sends the additional nuts, washers and longer screws as well that are needed.

So no worries!:)

You will love the CL whether you get the basic set or the big templates...there is no wrong choices because after you have some you will want them all!

I loved mine...but unfortunately had to sell my CL last month to get the $ to pay off my Bernina deferred credit card so I wouldn't be charged the deferred interest from the past year when I had to replace my Bernina sewing machine. But I do plan to repurchase a new CL system once the ecconomy gets better...but for now am working on paying off various debts.

The templates that I use the most are SWIRLZ (everyone's favorite) and Baptist Fan (traditional), then the waves (very easy and simple wave stitch).

The other most used and favored template is one of the smaller ones, the FEATHERZ, but you have to get the $699 basic apparatus in order to use that one, as well as most of the other small templates.

You will not regret your purchase.

Raising the machine is very easy - Michael includes great directions, the washers, etc. and the pieces of wood to brace the machine on while you are inserting the extra washers - very easy but easiest with 2 people!!

As to choices ............ all are great, love the big templates as well as the basic setup with smaller templates. Michael will ask the right questions so you can make the best choice. He is fabulous to work with and you will never regret your purchase. Good luck and Merry Christmas!!

My husband quilts on a Gam Classic and did not have to raise the machine at all. My APQS rides lower to the table and did have to be raised to fit the templates under it. I had already thought to raise my machine because I use rulers under the machine to show where I am on a panto and my machine wouldn't pass over the rulers. No problem and a real easy fix. The basic unit, to me, is a must. I love it. Of course the large templates are all so easy and convenient to use that I love those also. You can't go wrong with any of the CL products. Talk to Michael and tell him what kind of quilting you do most and he can suggest what to buy.

Yippee...another convert!! :P

I just found this topic...so you have no doubt already ordered your templates. Yes, you must get the Swirls template. I also like the King Zig-Zag because it has so many patterns. The Baptist Fan is great too. Don't forget the smaller templates like the Featherz Wreath, there are 3 different templates with different sizes. The Seven Treasures of Buddah is very good. Also, I don't have it but I would love to get Square Dance and Star Dance, and Rope, and...oops...sorry...I just put you in over load :P:D

You are going to love your Circle Lord.

Mary Beth... Finally!!! Everyone has suggested that I hear from you! Nope, I have not ordered yet, will do so this week. I will call Michael too as so many have suggested. I can't wait. I want so many of the circular templates, but I see more folks talking about the long templates that use the stylst. SO MANY DECISIONS! I MUST PACE MYSELF! :P:P:P

HO HO HO - Merry Christmas --- TO ME!!!!!:cool:

Beth,

You must have been very good this year!!

The circular templates are very good too and if you are putting design elements in blocks you will want to get them. I love the Starz template, the Gingko and the Aztec are good...get the book with these so you can see all the different designs.

Michael is very good to talk to. He will ask you question about the type of quilting you do or want to do and he will make suggestions...Never any pressure....but don't think out loud, whatever you do:D:P:D

Archived