NQR - Beautiful Ice sculptures

Boni posted pics and we don't live very far apart. Here are a couple of pics of the ice on our landscape. First is a picture of a spent Rhody blossom. I thought the ice on it was beautiful. I took this picture out of a window in my studio.....

2043579960094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

and this next one is of the Japanese Maple shrub by our front door.....

2930809620094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

We had a total of about 3/4" of ice on everything. The neighbor was call to work (electric co. lineman) tried to drive out of our culdesac and had to chain up to do so. I think that Winter is here.......:cool:

Your right MB - I'm sitting tight here at home. I just pulled a baby quilt off of my machine and I'm going to sit and stitch on the binding and watch a movie. Maybe "White Christmas" - love that one. I've got my pellet stove keeping me warm, some hot chocolate in a mug and the cat snuggled up next to me. What more could I ask for??? :cool:

Boni - that sweet gum tree is still standing and no new limbs have come down. I did talk to a representative of the elec co., and because we live in an area with underground utilities, they won't come and take it down. If it comes down and pulls up the electrical box that is in the same bed with it, they will come and repair that! But they won't cut the tree down. I haven't heard from my friend the landscaper to get any kind of estament of what the tree co would charge to cut it down. I suppose that no one wants to come out today and do that!!! LOL, I could offer them a cup of hot coffee or some hot chocolate. Oh well, I'm just sitting here - snug as a bug. If the tree falls to the west - I'm in big do do, if it falls to the south, the neighbors will be spending the night here with me! So I hope that it just stays put for another few weeks.:cool:

Just in the few minutes since my last post, it is now snowing again. And it is coming down heavy and fast!!! I can't believe this. It was suppose to warm up and the ice was suppose to melt. Oh well, where do I really need to go anyway? Other than trying to drive up to Spokane for Christmas, I think I may be staying in Salem! The main freeway from Portland east is closed due to the road conditions. So Salem, is OK :cool:

DH was outside clearing more snow off the roof and it started freezing rain again. Within about 15 minutes it turned to snow and I think he's fighting a losing battle! Oh dear, I've never seen this much snow in the 30 years we've lived here. I'll pray for you--you pray for us. DD in Aumsville lost their power this morning. They have a generator and are keeping warm and hopefully no pipes will break.

And it started out so beautiful...:)

Patty Jo don't you even think about driving to Spokane. The roads are horrid. My DGS couldn't even get on his plane yesterday out of Spokane to visit his dad in San Diego. We are trying to get him rescheduled, but he is UM and cannot make any plane changes. It is going to start raining in PDX about Tues, but the gorge is still going to be bad. My office manager lives in Cascade Locks and has not been in for the whole last week, nor tomorrow. If you MUST go, then so be it, but let us know so we can put extra angels around you.

Love ya girlfriend.

Nancy

:D:D:D

Nancy - if what they say on the news really happens, I don't think that I could get through. With I-84 closed between Troutdale and Hood River, I wouldn't be able to go anyway unless they open it up and it doesn't look like it! I'll be good and stay here in Salem. My girlfriend has invited me to spend Christmas with them if I can't get out of town. It sounds like you weren't able to get back home to ID either. Stay safe my friend.

:cool:

Oh, Patty Jo, I just found out about a neighbor who lived here was with her daughter North of Spokane, WA

She died and are having the funeral here Sat and Daughter is traveling as of tonight to get here by Friday for the viewing and I am scared for her as the storms are coming and coming. Going through Wyoming, Dakotas, Neb, Idaho, MO it is a very dangerous time of the year. Please pray for her travel. She is the only child and 4 grandkids. Then turn around and go back next week. What a Christmas!!!!!!!!!

Try to be safe in your travels. Keep warm

No Patty I could not even get a flight to Idaho. Three different flights were cancelled between Thurs and Fri. and the gorge was closed so I couldn't drive. No Seattle either as they closed Snoqualmie. I have 4 foot ice berms in my driveway(Idaho) so could not get in or out if I did get there. DD is going to try to find a snowplowing person for me before any more piles up. So--after spending 2 hours on the PDX tarmac and missing my SD connection on Friday night, I took the one and only flight to SD that made it out on Saturday a.m. at o-dark-o-clock. Christmas in sunny S. Cal. I have no presents for anyone or clothes , since they were in Idaho waiting to be packed. I guess that's what Kohls is for, right? Oh well, maybe I can get home before spring break. ;););)

Beth, Thank you for the kind thoughts. My life has been so upside down, I did not want to post. Merry Christmas to all my quilty friends out there.:):):) I truly am blessed with my friends and family.

Nancy

Nancy - I wouldn't worry about gifts or clothes as your family just wants you there. As you said, that is what Kohls, JCP, Target, etc... is for. Enjoy your family and set all the cares aside or a few days. Taking care of yourself is the best gift you can give your family. :cool:

Archived