MQX? - Reminder of newbie class

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Are any of you quilters planning on coming to MQX this year (2009)? This will be my fifth (I think) year, and it turns into a great big pajama party with all your closest quilting friends. Big change for me this year. I will be teaching for the first time at MQX!! It's a beginner's class called "Just the Basics." The class consists of my quilting a very small quilt for you, showing how to load the quilt, stabilize it, make sure it is square, some border ideas, tips for SID, templates and stencil work, quick ideas for borders, and then how to finish it all up. Let's face it, we've all had our backgrounds, sashings, fillers, borders, etc., classes (and they've been great) but wouldn't you just like someone to show you how it all goes together in short order? Come on and join the fun. There will be door prizes and someone will get to take the poor, sad little quilt home too!!

Class #314 Just the Basics, 1-3 p.m., Wednesday, April 15th.

Linda Steller

Eugene, OR

Hi Linda,

I am going to MQX this year for the first time. I will be there from Monday through Saturday. I just checked my class schedule and I already have a class scheduled for the same time as your class. I will e-mail MQX and see if I can switch into your class; it sounds great.

I will be staying at the Raddison and hope to meet you and lots of APQS quilters.

Sandy

Hi Linda.

What great news! Congrats on your first teaching event.

I sure wish you offered that at my first MQX...I definitely needed it then. I do not think any one else offers the complete basics like that. I was way over my head with only 4 hours experience on my machine when I took my first classes there.

See you there in April! Guess we'll need APQS ribbons, buttons or hats...hint, hint APQS.:D:D

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW New Jersey

Guest Linda S

Yes, we will need ribbons or maybe arrange a time to meet. Sometimes we can arrange a little get together just in the lobby where the fireplace is -- just to have time to say hello to each other. It's so fun to meet face to face and get to see the people you already 'know' from on-line!

I came up with the idea for my class after a show where Renae Haddadin asked people to stop by the A-1 booth while she worked on a customer's quilt. I fortunately had a lot of time for the period when she was doing that and no one else was around, so not only did I become much more friendly with Renae, I learned so much just by watching her actually do the stuff we all do while working on a quilt. I figured if I made a very small four-block quilt, I could demo a lot of things, show folks so many of the basics, and provide a hand-out with lots of useful information. While I've taught my class locally, I've not done it at a national show yet, and I'm hoping it will be well-received. The gals around here seem to like it.

Well, only 107 more days till MQX!! :D

Linda

Yes! I'm in rehab................(vocational, ha-ha). Part of my rehab is going to MQX this coming year! Yahoo! I've never gotten to go to something like this and I've signed up for so many classes. Where else can you get so much instruction packed into a few days! I'm so excited and will be happy to get to meet some of you in person!

Guest Linda S

Oh Sandra - It will be so fun to meet you. Dianne - you'll wear yourself out, girl!! But you will have a wonderful time doing it. Hopefully, we can pick a ribbon color to wear or something like that. Or we can all meet in the lobby - JD's gets a tad bit crowded, but they do have the most incredible pomegranate martinis :D

Linda

Yum! I would love to try a pomegranate martini. (If Shana is reading this...remember our apple martinis???:) Hugs to you!)

I'm looking forward to meeting you, too, Linda. You, as well as Caron Carlson, were so very helpful as I was trying to decide on a Millenium or a Liberty. My thanks to you. Now I'll get to say thanks in person and give you a big hug. I'm sure looking forward to your class. What is the countdown till MQX now?

Guest Linda S

Pam - you can let the roommate coordinator, Cilla Tyler know. She'll be sure to find someone to take your room if you're having trouble giving it away. Her email is agilelatte@aol.com

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Linda.

I emailed a suggestion/request/plea to APQS management for ribbons for shows like MQX and have not heard back. Hope they do something. It would be great to see all of us there!

Sandra and others...you are all so lucky to be in Linda's class. She is an awesome teacher! She has helped me out so many times and always knows the answers.

See you all there!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW NJ

• 1 month later...

Linda

I will be coming to MQX for the first time this year, however, I didnt schedule a class until later on Weds, because I may not be there by then, depending if my flight is one time and how long it takes to get settled in the hotel and over to MQX, it would probably be too tight to have a class at 1 o'clock. So I didnt schedule anything until the 4 to 6 time frame. I hope to get a chance to meet you there and anyone else from here that will be attending. At least some of us know what others look like from our avatar pictures so if we run into each other we can just grab you and say hello. Getting closer every day and I for one am getting so excited. My first big quilting show. Jeanne

Archived