cleaning wheels

I just stay in the habit of cleaning my wheels and rails when doing my wd40 and oiling bobbin routine. All I do is take a slightly damp scrap batting and rub it along up and down the rails. Just take a minute and if you do this regularly you won't have a lot of oxidation build up.

The wheels, I clean with qtip and alcohol (sometimes) and check to make sure no threads are caught in the axle.

I use Windex (or off name brand) wipes, and after I've cleaned them the next pass comes away w/no black. The other day I even checked them as they'd been sitting a few days since last cleaned (not used mind you, so no wheel traffic) and they came away clean.

I don't know if the Windex makes a difference or not, just reporting a recent finding. :D

Oh I'm coming back to say this is the rail I'm talking about. I run over my rag with my wheels to clean them and that's always black.:P

Hi everyone

I just use a piece of batting on the rails and a toothbrush on the wheels. I recently installed the edgerider wheels and the oxidisation wipes off the wheels really easily.

I was wondering if anyone had tried using a microfibre cloth. I've started using them around the house and they work brilliantly for windows and stainless steel, perhaps they would work on aluminium too.

Has anyone tried them on their rails - did you find them better than a regular cloth?

Sue in australia

Archived