Bushfire quilts

Hi everyone

Today I received a lovely parcel from Bonnie Botts with a gorgeous lime green top, a strippy top and heaps of fabric - thank you Bonnie the fabric is terrific and will make great backings and spacer blocks. The box was very pretty with all those stamps!!!

I also got emails from Shana and Catherine today. Shana has already finished her Alaskan quilt, and its bound - yeah! and ready to post and Catherine's group have made blocks that are also ready to post.

Thank you ladies, can't wait until they arrive.

Our weather has changed since Black Saturday , it was quite cool in Melbourne today and we've even had some rain. The families who had to evacuate the burned out towns were allowed back to their homes to see whether there was anything to salvage over the last week and many of them are being housed close by in temporary accom so when they get their more permanent homes these quilts that we are all making will be very welcome.

I finished a nine patch quilt, and can't remember at the moment who pieced the blocks, the blocks are yellow and the nine patch has blue patches with smiling suns on it, I'll post pics tomorrow.

Thats all for now

sue in australia

Glad to hear the box got there in at least one piece.... Stupid postoffice, I would have thought they would have put on a single sticker with the correct amount on it...NOT JUST STAMPS, that must have been pretty, that was a ton of stamps.

Originally posted by smorris

I also got emails from Shana and Catherine today. Shana has already finished her Alaskan quilt, and its bound - yeah! sue in australia

Hi! I thought I would show you some photos of this quilt. It's a panel showing Alaska aquatic wildlife. I am shipping it to Sue in Australia today. :) I hope it brings comfort from someone who's had some terrible loss with the devestating wild fires.

post--13461901430676_thumb.jpg

Shana those are great fabrics. I like the otters on their backs. I have a friend in Montana who uses those fabrics in her home projects.

Your water quilting is very nice--and it looks great on that fabric.

Anyone would appreciate your quilt. (((((applause)))))))

Hi Shana

I love the blocks and the quilting is just right, can't wait for it to arrive.

Hi Judy

Hope you are feeling better. Looking forward to seeing your top in the next few days - Jenny is coming over tomorrow to help me sort through the blocks we have so far and take some home to piece and quilt.

thanks

sue in australia

• 1 month later...

Hi Marlette

Oh dear, I hope I didn't miss posting a message to let you know. I got your parcel last week with heaps and heaps of pieced and appliqued blocks in all colours and patterns. The pastel ones fit in nicely with some of the other pastel baby blocks from some of the other ladies and the others will go nicely with the i Spy type quilts we'll be making up.

Darlene Epp has sent me 2 digitised designs to use on the Bushfire quilts and I used the first, an open meander yesterday and it quilted up very fast. I'll be trying the other one when we get the queen size tops together. Darlene also sent me a queen size irish chain and a double quilt made of lovely batics.

Thanks ladies, I'll let you know when they are quilted and I have some photos.

Best wishes

sue in australia

Archived