MQX Get Together?

How many people are planing to go to Keepsake? I just had a thought, I don't have any definite plans for Friday the 17th and could bring a bunch of people to Keepsake, especially those with out cars. I'm guessing it's about 1-1/2 hours west of Manchester. I have a van that fits 7. If we planned on meeting at 10A we would definitely be there by noon. Maybe stop for lunch before or after shopping. If I get at least a couple of people wanting to go I would be willing to do the drive. I'll use any excuse to go to Keepsake.

Dianne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi, I don't mind waiting till noon if your teacher angel plans change, or if you come across unexpected money. Have you ever been to Keepsake? It's not that far from you, maybe 3 hours, near the White Mountains. I don't need to go, but I don't need that much of an excuse to make a trip either. I vowed to my quilting friends that join me at my home for quilting, that I wasn't going to buy any more fabric till I had several pieces completed. They met at my home last evening and darn it if I didn't forget to put away the 25+ yards of fabric that I just got from Linnea on this site.

Dianne

Dianne,

You're funny! I know keepsake isn't too far from here. I've heard about 4 or 4 1/2 hours. I keep saying I'm going to go and never make it. I went to the Amish stores in OH and they had some good deals. We'll see how I do in Lancaster. I really am not a stash builder and I'm getting too much right now. After the wedding I'm planning on getting some of my quilts done!

According to Mapquest, Keepsake is about an hour and 13 minutes from Manchester.

We'll be going on Wednesday - have to be back for 4 P.M. classes, but if anyone needs a ride, they are welcome to come with us. I have a large SUV so could fit 3 comfortably in the back.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone - my list is growing every day!:D

Jeanne - we were planning to be there as soon as they open which I was assuming was 10 A.M. but I'll have to check.

I, too, think it might be too late if we waited until you got checked in as we want to have as much time there as possible. :(

I am just not a night person, so I do not think I will be any good at a late-night meeting, but I will try to make it. I hope we can also do breakfast or lunch one day.

What is so great about Keepsake that it is worth a 3-hour drive? I am not that impressed with their catalog, but willing to be convinced.

The big draw at Keepsake for us Canadians are the prices. Since we can pay as much as $18 a meter (39") here for fabric, we are always looking for a bargain and it would be a shame to be so close and not check it out. Besides, who needs a reason to go fabric shopping? :D

Irene,

If you are looking for bargains you should stop at a Mardins. There are many of them in Maine, not sure how close to NH that is but you can really get some bargains. Some of the fabric is crap but there are also shop quality fabrics. I got muslin bleached and unbleached, nice quality for 2.39 a yard! Great for practicing. I think it was the one in Sanford that had a good stock of fabric. You can probably call to find out if they carry fabric. Not all of them carry fabric. It really looks like a dive when you get there but there are bargains to be had. Flannel, cottens lots of choices. You do have to dig through it though. I found some Ginny Byer on my last trip. The best tip I can give you is to say you want what is left on the bolt. I ended up with about 8 yards of free fabric that way because they just guess and they always guess low! I also got 108" wide backing for 7.50 a yard!

Here is the link.

http://www.mardenssurplus.com/index.asp?action=stores

Hello to All!

I am looking forward to my first MQX experience as well...and hope that I can meet everyone here on the chat in the APQS booth at some time during the show! It is always so wonderful to put a face with the voices I hear on the phones! My classes are Tuesday a.m. and Saturday a.m., so I will have plenty of time to chat with you all in between!

Counting down the days...

Man where did the last few weeks go....and I'm sure that those behind MQX Janet-Lee and Mary are wondering the same thing.

Well ladies its just a short two weeks till we can put some faces to names on paper or voices to those of us who have talked on the phone.... SEE YA'll there.

Hi again, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. The APQS booth will open with the doors for the sneak preview. So if you'd like to drop off ribbons either then or before just let me know. I will be in class until 6PM but David will be at the booth and I can fill him in. Can't wait, I love this show!

I'm also going to MQX for the first time! I am sure looking forward to it. I'm traveling with my friend who is also from Idaho. Can't wait to see old friends and meet new friends!

I'm also looking for a ride on Saturday morning to the vicinity of Newark, NJ. Does anyone have space in their car?

Teri Devine in ID

Archived