New Business Venture?

I feel so special ;)

So far Dr. Donna has been right on the money...

But listen my friend...the one that came through last spring..was about 2 miles from my house and the wind was terrible. The rain pouring through the open window is what woke me up, (not the wind sounding like a freight train), so, next time....call me....I don't care if it is 2 am....call me!!;)

Where is my Dr. Donna...we had a tornado a few minutes ago and it was heading my direction. We watched the TV news reports and it finally lifted and now we have having a thunderstorm....Donna....you were suppose to warn me...I can't be expected to rely on the oil bottle :D:P

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sams Mom

I've decided to stop complaining about the oil puddles that my sewing machine oil bottle leaves and the oil it sometimes spits.

Donna, I feel your pain. I, too, have "issues" with this brand/type of bottle. I am buying a new oil drop dispenser that doesn't leak. Then I'll transfer the contents from this leaky bottle into the nice oil drop dispenser and toss the leaky thing in the trash can! BUH BYE!

Update: I bought this precision oil drop dispenser from a seller on ebay and have been using it for a few weeks now. I really like it! Guess why? Nothing leaks out of the bottle. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. My fingers are no longer oily handling that leaky bottle! And, on top of that, only little drops go exactly (and I mean precisely...exactly) where you want them to go... on the bobbin hook and no overspills on the wicks either. And on top of that, it was super cheap. Under $6.00 and that included shipping. I simply transferred contents from the leaky bottle to this little bottle. When the little bottle gets low, I will refill from the big (leaky) bottle. Leaky bottle goes in the trash soon (only has a little oil left in it). I'll buy another bottle of this and continue to transfer the contents into the little bottle as needed. I'm super happy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150312018145

PS: The bottle I bought was the .5 ounce (small) but they do sell a 1 ounce bottle, twice the size. This little bottle will go a long way, from what I can tell right now.

post--13461901795486_thumb.jpg

Shana...

Saw this on ebay like you said. The price is $3.95 but it says to ship it to me in Ontario would be $19.00US...wow! Did you have to pay that to get it to Alaska? Somehow I can't believe it would cost so much to send something so light-weight, it must be wrong.:o

No way, Sandra!! My shipping was $1.40. There's something wrong with the shipping calculator. I would send an email to the seller and ask them about the cost to ship to your VERY FAR AND DISTANT FORIEGN COUNTRY... (lol) :D gosh no way could it cost that much. You could fit this little bottle in a tiny envelope!!

Garmin tries not to ship to Canada because of the tariffs/shipping charges that the Canadian government puts on the item when it goes across the border. Sandra, you may have already experienced this if you have ordered much from the US. I didn't know anything like this existed until I starte working.

I use those little bottles as well Shana..... one has Fray Check in it and the other Sewer's Aid.... didn't think to use them as oil bottles as well. Great idea.

And bet you didn't know I have a PhD as well.....it has two handles and a grabby thingy at the bottom that pulls the dirt out of the ground..... its my Post Hole Digger. And yes my, Girls need to learn that as well.... attitude of my father's...I do know how to use it. That as well as my shovel....:P There are day's I would just like to be the damsel in Distress.....

Archived