need dresden plate ideas

I am in the process of english paper piecing a dresden plate quilt for my DMIL for Xmas. I am trying to think ahead as to how I want to quilt it. I really want something soft and feathery. Anybody know where I can get some ideas? I have looked around on the internet, but keep coming up with the block pattern, and not 'quilting' patterns.

Thanks for any ideas or places to look

Peggy

Joanne, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Is the plain block digitized, or is there a stencil or pattern I can buy. Or did you do this freehand? If that is the case, I lose. I am nowhere near being able to freehand something like that. I need to draw it on first. I love the trapunto. I was planning on doing some trapunto on this. Let me know please. Thanks.

Peggy

Peggy, I responded, but I'll repeat it here. I used on the bottom layer QD machine blend and QD wool on the top. I love the wool for the trapunto look and anything will do on the bottom. Mirco stippling really makes it pop.

Victoriasews, I had seen your before and loved the way you did them. I loved that one border design you did and I think I found out it was a template, bummer I really like it, but not ready to buy a new tool.

Archived