Help from the APQS Techs Please

quiltlover03

I recently set up my new FreedomS/R on my table. I also installed Donita's Ruler Mate and had to lift the rollers a smidgen to accomodate that.

When I work from the front of the machine and get close to the back, there seems to be a lot of vibration. I am not doing anyting different than I have for the 2 years previous, the only thing that has changed is the S/R and the Ruler Mate.

What is going on and how can I fix it. Please and Thanks you.

Are you talking about the quilt vibrating? If so, you may have lifted the rollers too high. If they are not level with the machine bed, you will get vibration in the quilt. You should be able to stick your finger between the machine bed and the leveling roller only up to the first knuckle.

I am not familiar with the Ruler Mate and how high you must raise the rollers. Hope this helps some.

Patty

Monika, I don't know if this helps. But when I added my RulerMate...I didn't have to raise a thing. My machine does not have a vibration in it due to the RulerMate.

However, I did raise the leveler bar and front bar only slightly when I added the Edgerider wheels. Even then, you have to make sure that the 2 bars are level with each other...front to back. Make sense?

Hi Kristina, I haven't raised the front bar, waiting for hubby to get home, it does need to be raised slightly as the ruler mate drags on the front.

But I never realized that the front bar and the leveler bar had to be on the same level. I guess I better go check my manual again.

At this point I took of the Ruler Mate and put my regular needle plate back on. It is still vibrating, so it's not the ruler mate.

• 4 weeks later...

I got it figured out!!! Duh.....

When I put my new machine on the carriage I did everything right except ...drumroll....turn the brass bolts tight at the bottom of the wheels. You know the ones going thru the wheels into the cams. I adjusted the cams so they are in the right position, but never secured the bolts. Vibration gone, wobble gone, tightness gone...oh what are manuals for?

Archived