new pictures...

Hi Claudia

Your quilts are so beautiful and your quilting is spectacular! I love the pattern of the first quilt you posted. What is it called? I've not seen it before and would like to make a quilt with it. Can you share the pattern or tell me where I can find it? I tried to email you privately about this but don't know where to find your private email addy.

If you want to email me privately at rkovatch@northwestel.net

Thx

Rita

Thaaaaaaaaank you all sooooo much for your nice and friendly words...

:D:D

I can?t believe what I?m reading......I don?t feel very special!

I?ll try to answer all your questions.....but please....give me a little time: The van with all the fabrics of my quiltshop is packed and is waiting in front of my garage to be unloaded at the show in Dortmund tomorrow!

The show will start on wednesday and tomorrow we will set up the booths of Quilt &Co and APQS!

Have a great time.... I?ll answer next week!*big promise*

Claudia

....here are some answers to your questions.:)

We have had a hard time last week at the show in Dortmund at the show.... we were very busy and it was very crowdy!

Hope that it will be very successful for APQS:cool:

I?ll do the silk quilt quilt with a 3,5 needle and I?ll use Highlights from Superior. I didn?t started yet, but it?s already mounted!

Is the silk stabilized with fusible interfacing or something? Are all those curves pieced? I can't wait to see it finished.

No...the silk isn?t stabilized in any form: I used my free cutting technique and all the curves are pieced!

The first quilt is a customer?s quilt from the biggest quiltshop here in germany or maybe europe: Machemer in Aschaffenburg!

They will publish this quilt in their next catalogue and will sell the whole kit incl. the description.

The question for time is really difficult*lol :cool:

The kids have to live with quick food;), the washing machine is still waiting to be filled , the montains of clothes are growing higher and higher, in the dust on the cubboards you can write "piggy":cool::(

This time I?ve saved I used for my personal illness - piecing and quilting!:D

I hope I answered all your questions......hope to meet you all at MQS:cool::D;)

Claudia from germany

Claudia..

Question?,

Are you living in Germany because you are German, or is your DH in the milatary. My DH was in the Canadian armed forces, & we were stationed in Lhar for 4 years,(1980-84) we loved it so much we did'nt want to come home. I have so many wonderful memories of our stay in Germany. You must speak German very well, to be able to work at a quilt/ trade show, Sorry to be so nosey, but when we where there I don't beleive I ever saw a quilt shop :(

Anyway... please send us a pic of your silk quilt a.s.a.p. Gerry in Duncan B.C.

I love your compliment.....and question.....:cool: wether I would live in Germany because of my DH or to be a real german!:D:cool:;)

Yeah...I?m a real german.......and my german is much better than my english!

Isn?t it????? Sue Patten from Canada complained:cool:;) it is toooooo proper, tooooo much school english!

It MUST seem funny sometimes...*lol* but I promise: I?ll try to change:cool:

Gerry....please explain.....where did you live in Germany? I don?t know anything like Lhar?!

Caron: I?ll enjoy to meet you at MQS .....the silk quilt will be done with a 3.5 needle and you will see at MQS;-)

Have a great day.....

Claudia

Wonderful work Claudia!! I remember "talking" to you via e-mail before you got your machine. And then I watched you post pictures of your first longarm machine quilting.

What I am seeing from the European quilters that I don't see here in North America is COURAGE!!! "Over here", we seem to be so afraid! Of what?! I just love how you've jumped in with both feet. got soaking wet, and just kept trying new things.

We all have hidden talent. The difference I see is that YOU have DARED to expose yours!

Let's take this as a challenge, guys and gals. We're so afraid of criticism and not "measuring up", or not being "as good as" so and so, that we just sit in the corner like scared little pups.

Well, I for one, am going to get on that machine, and start moving it!! I think Claudia is just too busy to waste her time being afraid something won't work. Just look at the pure JOY in her quilts!! No boundaries, no rules; just pure joy!

BIG THUMBS UP!!

post--13461897809656_thumb.gif

Thaaaaaaaaaaank you ........you ?ve written what I think!

I just do!

Ok....I?m always a little bit afraid wether I?m doing right or not....but I only listen to my stomache!:cool:

Like I?m doing my piecing in former times....take the fabrics, cut them, sew them and see what happens! One step after the other!

And I really need this "courage" to end my work.....I often have a feeling of frustration in "the middle" of my work and I wish to throw my work into the rubbish*swore* ...but than:I continue working....and yeaaahhhh...it works! and afterwards: I?m happy ....and astonished!:cool::D

So....my message to all of you: Don?t be afraid....just try it!

And see you all at MQS!!!!

Best wishes from over the ocean....

Claudia Pfeil

Archived