I just wipe the rails down, with a bit of extra batting.....

I have enough mess when I run over the fabric as it is I don't need the added mess of WD40 when I don't get it totally off. But since I put the Edgerider on I don't need to do anything but just wipe the rails down, and not each time I use it...only about once or twice a month

....With the old brown wheels I did need the extra umph with the help of both WD40 and wax...but not anymore.

Originally posted by MarieBrewer

Do you guys use WD40 on your rails? I was told to use it and man, does the machine ever glide down the rails. Creates a little more black for the next cleaning, but WOW. It does help the movement of the machine.

Hi Marie,

I have done it but Joann Hoffman told me it is not a good idea. If you get any of the WD40 on the wheels, the stitch regulator can start skipping stitches.

I tightened up my wheels as far as I can with out male assistance (one of the things that makes me nuts about being female is the lack of strength sometimes) this weekend and am going to see how that works for me. Other than that, I may need to enlist the help of one of my male buds or borrow one of my friends husband for a few minutes.

I tightened up my wheels as far as I can with out male assistance (one of the things that makes me nuts about being female is the lack of strength sometimes) this weekend and am going to see how that works for me. Other than that, I may need to enlist the help of one of my male buds or borrow one of my friends husband for a few minutes.

Gail. you don't need strength to adjust the wheels just 2 wrenches. One to fit the gold bolt underneath the wheel and one to fit the cam on the top. Loosen the gold bolt just enough to make the cam easier to turn. Turn the cam til you get the wheel placement where you want it on the upper part of the curve (so the lip is no longer resting on the rail) and then tighten that gold bolt down. With the correct size wrenches you should be able to do this without alot of strength.

Archived