My first 2009 MQS experience

I picked Claudia up from the airport yesterday. Last year we had a big BBQ when everyone got to town, but this year things didn't work out...so DH went ahead and smoked ribs and I took Claudia a care package. She ate them as we were leaving the parking garage at the airport :P:D I think she was finished at the 3 mile mark!! Way to go Claudia!! 16 hours on a plane will do some crazy things to a hungry woman :P:P:D

Then when we arrived at the hotel and checked her in....I got to see the show quilt!!!!:cool::cool:

Sorry no pictures until Wednesday!! Stay tuned - you will not want to miss it!!

Ditto Bobbette, I too LOVE your new avatar & quilt!

Can't wait to see you Donna!!!!!!!!!

MB/Claudia...I can't believe MB didn't like....hit the breaks for a quick stop, so BBQ would of ended up on Claudia, the dashboard.....etc. LOL!

Can't wait to see this quilt!

Do I need to bring sunglasses? LOL!

was..... that someone has thought, what could a tired,hungry,BBQ-loving qulter from europe would love to have;):cool::

....... a safe trip from airport to the hotel(although this funny lady of the navigation system couldn't find it!!!!)and wonderful smelling and tasting sparrips....... THANK YOU MB and ROD:D

Best wisehes from Kansas....

Claudia

Thanks girls. I'm ready for my skinny stunt double to return but alas maybe not until next year. My DH resigned from his job yesterday, so I will justify comfort eating for at least one more week! He should get picked up by someone pretty quickly so not too many worries! The hardest part is jumping off the sinking ship. :P

Hey, it's good to hear that Claudia made it safe and sound!

Actually, I've been in the US since Thrusday evening. I've attended HQMS in Salt Lake City for the last two days, have met Kristina, Shirley and Nancy, have enjoyed wonderful quilts and great conversations with people I only have known online so far - in short, I've been getting into the perfect mood to continue my quilts show tour tomorrow. Early in the morning I'll fly out to Kansas City and am so looking foward to meeting all of you and lots of quilting fun and just simply having a great time...

I'll be there really soon.

See ya,

Birgit

Archived