Using this Forum

I've been using this Forum for a few years and there are 2 things I'd like to know.

1. How do I add to my profile? ie Location etc.?

2. The time shown for messages is ahead by 4 hours. I just posted a reply at 9.41am today but the time shown is 1.41pm. I know I'm permanently homesick for Europe but I am in New England now & would like the time to show up as East Coast time! How do I change this?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Anne H

Stowe, VT

Not sure whose time is on, My guess would be central for Iowa, but I've no real idea. Go to the top of your page for User Control Panel and you will find where to place your profile information. You must have had to have done that once to be on line.

On the date/time line above the message on the right side are two little buttons. One says "quote". Click on that and it will open a message window where you can edit that persons message as a quote, and add your own.

Is that clear as mud?

Originally posted by Betsy

Here's another question:

How do you include a quote from a post? I think it's neat that you can include a quote from someone and then reply to that person but I don't have a clue how you do that!

See

I clicked on the quote button on YOUR message and did this.

Originally posted by anniquilter

1. How do I add to my profile? ie Location etc.?

2. The time shown for messages is ahead by 4 hours. I just posted a reply at 9.41am today but the time shown is 1.41pm. I know I'm permanently homesick for Europe but I am in New England now & would like the time to show up as East Coast time! How do I change this?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Hi Anne,

To add to or alter your profile, log in, click on User Control Panel on the forum first page, click on Edit Profile, and enter whatever you want to add or change. At the very bottom is Time Offset. It defaults to GMT in England, so pick the time zone you want and the time will be local for you. :)

Okay so how do you add your signature and your webshot on your profile?

I just learn how to post pictuers wiith Bonnies help. She make it easly for me to do with her step by step instructions.

I tried putting in the webshot page and add signature but it did not take.:(

Originally posted by yolanda

Okay so how do you add your signature and your webshot on your profile?

I just learn how to post pictuers wiith Bonnies help. She make it easly for me to do with her step by step instructions.

I tried putting in the webshot page and add signature but it did not take.:(

;) So can you share how to post pictures and webshot page and signatures.

Originally posted by yolanda

Joan, I can email you a copy of the instructions that I got from Bonnie if you like.

I did keep a copy this time.

yes I would appreciate that. I made a cute horse quilt for my grand daughter that just turned 7, I was going to post it but wasn't sure how. This is a great thread, lots of information. Joan

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Originally posted by anniquilter

To add to or alter your profile, log in, click on User Control Panel on the forum first page, click on Edit Profile, and enter whatever you want to add or change. At the very bottom is Time Offset. It defaults to GMT in England, so pick the time zone you want and the time will be local for you. :)

Thank you Linda, think I got that. We'll see when I post!

Thank you to Bonnie too! I now know how to 'quote' as well!

Everyone on this list is so helpful, thanks to all of you for your help.

Anne H

Originally posted by shenanigans

Anne-

I saw your post and noticed that you're from Stowe! I live in Elmore on the Elmore Mountain Rd. and am in Stowe all the time. My little one is in dance and I'll be spending most of my Sat. and Sun there while she rehearses for the recital.

Hi Patty, now I've learned to 'quote' I can 'show off' !

Wow, we are really near by. I'll send you a U2U

Anne H

Archived