San Diego Quilters

I need to get a piece of fabric to finish up a project ASAP. I am at my son's which is right near Fashion Valley at Mission Valley (Friars Road) . Is there a quilt shop near here? I so do not know this area. But, I need to get this done right away. Thanks for any help.

Nancy:D

Susan already mentioned Rosie's Calico Cupboard. The address is 7151 El Cajon Blvd., San Diego. Rosie's www.rosiescalicocupboard.com claim to have more that 20,000 bolts of fabric and all the fabric is discounted. In the same center is the Quilted Rose which is actually a Gammill dealer but might be of interest to you, although they don't sell fabric. Cozy Quilt Shop, www.cozyquilt.com

2940 Jamacha Road, El Cajon, 619-670-0652. They are much smaller than Rosie's and do a lot of strip type quilts as well as their own patterns. Country Loft is sort of on the way between the two stores.

Enjoy,

Sue

Originally posted by nineva

THanks so much. I'll put the addys in the Garmin and off I will go. BTW Mary Beth, I changed the voice to the Australian male. Much better. I could not take that 1@%#& any more!!!:P:P:P:P

Nancy

Hey Nancy Jo! :) Missing you. Glad you are having fun in SoCal. I didn't know we could change the voices on the Garmin Nuvi. I'll have to check into changing ours... Wouldn't it be cool if Garmin would have some celebrity voices to choose from?

For example Cary Grant? "Oh dahling, take a right here, please, lovey..."

John Wayne? "Take a right there, partner and you'll find some whiskey for your self and water for your horse..."

Austin Powers? "Yeah Baby, Yeah! take a right there and YEAH BABY there's your Mojo!"

Mae West? "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.... especially if you've got a Garmin! Take a right here, Honey!"

Oh too funny. yep, and my Garmin can speak about 100 different dialects. You should hear the cantonese. Of course, going through LA with Garmin speaking Cantonese doesn't make any difference cuz the freeway was just a big parking lot anyway. It was pretty funny though. Then I tried some I can't even pronounce but it was amusing anyway. I love the Mae West one. You guys are too much fun!:P:P:P I won't tell you what we call the American woman cuz you really shouldn't print it here. She is lucky she did not end up on the side of the road! Recalculating my ***. :D:D

Nancy

Nancy Jo,

If you make it to Rosie's, be sure to check out "The Quilted Rose" a few doors down at the end of the shopping center strip. They have tons of thread, pantos, wide backings, and other longarm supplies.

And if you have time, find Julian on the GPS and come up for a visit! Would love to meet you. I'll even have a famous apple pie on hand! I'm listed under the CA reps!

Hey Merry Jo,

I am completely bored. DGS goes to camp all day. DS and DIL both work. I bet I can find Julian. How far is it? I would love to see Linda Card again too--met her at MQS last year. And I am going to Palm Springs this weekend but I think Meg is up north now. U2U me your physical address. Would love to get together! I have till next Wednesday at least.

Nancy

Nancy, I live in Palm Springs. However, we are going to Encinitas tomorrow to take care of our grandkids. Will be home on Saturday. Where are you staying in PS?

I think that Meg is leaving in the next week or two. Have not had the time to get together yet, but hope we can connect in the fall when she returns. We are leaving for a month in Lake Tahoe on the 30th. In August, off to England for a week, then a Med cruise.

I will U2U my cell #.

Marilyn

Archived