First quilt using crosshatch rulers

Make a copy of your picture, then select it with a right click, then select Open With, and select Paint. Once open, select Image, Resize/Skew, then resize by percentage equally horizontal and vertical. I don't know the image maximum size allowed on the forum, but if you resize by 50% and it isn't small enough, then try 60%. I'm not an expert and have only posted one or two pictures, so someone else may have another idea. I use Paint because I don't have another software to use for resizing a photo, and I believe Paint is free on all computers. I don't know if the Macs have it, though. I hope this helps.

LOL Laura. Kristina to post from a picture from your computer just reduce it. I usually reduce it down to 25% of original and sometimes have to reduce a little more. Then save the file on our computer. If you have a hard time finding your files just save it to your desktop. Then hit reply or edit if you have already posted and it didn't work, in the attachment box click browse, find your file and double click. The hit post. Easy peasy as Shana would say! Remember when naming your file not to add special characters like *'!-/ because those are keys used to write code and the program gets confused. Didn't know you were a programmer did you?

Remember to use the "Reply" at the bottom right side of the last post. do not use the Quick reply, nor use preview, as the photo won't appear.

You can do it if a dummy like I am can. Just learned about webshots and multiple photos.. I usually post here from desk top. thanks for that tip.. Bonnie.. Invaluable in so many ways, you are !

RitaR

Questions, questions....

What a great eye-popping quilt! I love the cross-hatching.

Did you work from the front or the back of the quilt?

Do you have to use and extended base?

Does the ruler get moved in increments in one direction and then you go back in the other?

Was it a timesaver? How long did it take you to cross-hatch this quilt with this wonderful tool???

Mahalo....

Laura

Very pretty, lovely crosshatching.

Good for you> You beat me, I am still working on my crosshatching. It was going pretty well untill I got the spacing messed up. Dont know exactly what happened I will have to try to figure it out another day. Some times it is just better to stop and come back fresh.

Thanks, Barbara.

I worked form the front of the machine. I tried the extended base, but it seemed to get in the way. I moved the ruler in increments across the quilt, then went over the same section with the other ruler. I discovered it's important to keep your fingers on the ruler over the the needle plate. A couple of times I think I was pushing the ruler down (off the needle plate) and the needle hit the ruler. Alarming! At least I think that;'s what I was doing. The needle on the ruler shocked me so much I wasn't sure just what I had done.

Timesaver? I think so. Definitaley more accurate, because I could see exactly what I was doing. I don't have the same sort of control from the back of the machine.

I made a small chenille blanket for practise. I think the more I use it, the quiker and easier it should be.

I like this ruler.

Jeanne. Hi. I'm having some spacing issues too. Started with marking the rulers, then marked the quilt, and still don't have perfectly spaced lines. And I'm kind a lazy. Don't want to take the time to mark the rulers. Just want to put them on the machine and go. I was in such a hurry to get quilting that I probably need to remark the rulers. VERY nice rulers. No buyer's remorse here.

Nice job on the cross hatching. I'm trying to learn how to do that also. I have done it on the quilt I just finished but I'm afraid I got my angle off somehow. I ended up ripping out a bunch and redoing some. Still not as nice as yours. I am using the new cross hatch rulers from Quilters Rule. I think they work great. It's the operator that has issues!;) I also have to fiqure out how to post pictures. I am not the most computer literate person. Oh well, learn one thing at a time!

Archived