NQR-Have you heard the bad news?

We just heard that Steve McNair was just found dead in Nashville. A gun shot, I think they said. He was here in Hattiesburg this past week hosting a free football camp for kids. He gave them free lessons, room and board, T-shirts and signed somthing for all of them. He was a regular here in town. You'd likely see him out to eat or at a kids baseball game or at a Southern MS baseball game. He was not from here and he didn't go to school here but he loved this town and we loved him and his kindness. He will be missed. Such a sad time. I can't help but hope they got it wrong and he is somewhere safe and happy.

OK what really bothers me is this guy, who is a pro football superstar, a "good man" and a pillar in the community who helped kids and mentored many, is also married with 4 children of his own and he's obviously sleeping around and having an affair with this young woman that was found dead in his condo, too. What a shame and a sad legacy to leave this burden to his wife and his 4 children (and those others who looked up to him). :( Perhaps if he were faithful to his wife and his family this would not had happend.

Archived