Happy 4th of July for those in the USA

Just had to say that, since I am actually working today. I have so many quilts to get done, and I am taking a week off to go to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show in Sisters, OR. The show is actually only 1 day, Saturday, but there is a week of classes before.

I am taking a 2-class from Janet Fogg. It starts with design and then continues on until we actually start sewing the quilt. Then I am taking a mystery class from a teacher who is from Sisters, that I just love.

I have been so busy with quilting, that I am really looking forward to the time off. I am sure that Milli will enjoy not working so hard as well. My dh has promised to give her a good cleaning while I am gone. I haven't wanted to take the time to really do it right, so she is in need of it. Since he is doing that, I know that I'll get right back to quilting when I get back, but Milli should be happy!

Happy 4th.

Thanks Sheila,

Happy Independence Day to you all too.

Sisters should be an exciting time. The weather looks stable, and moderate. Just pray for no fires and no wind. Looks like no rain already.

Cousin Patty and I will be there with some other friends to meet. What luck if we run into each other.

Drive carefully coming down and I hope you enjoy the classes and bring lots of eye candy home!

Kenna - That is really cool to not have to fight traffic. Here I would sit for probably 2 hours just to get out. Nope not for me. I'll listen since I can't see them!

Sylvia - we'll send some of our cool your way. Today was nicer out than it has been, no rain! It was in the 70's and tonight it is cool enough hubby to have a quilt on him!

Sheila have fun in Sister's, enjoy and relax!

Happy 4th to you all.

Happy 4th to everyone.

Our fireworks may be cancelled due to severe thunderstorms in the area. Rain....okay, lightning...very bad.

Not sure yet.

Had a great day at our local parade and walking around the town visiting with the various people in for all the class reunions. Ate snowcones, had a picnic, playing with the kids, having kids spend the night. Isn't this what the holiday is for?!?

No quilting for me, I can get back to that on Monday.

I love holidays! I wish I could handle the walking envolved in doing our family traditional 4th. Clear Lake City (another nearby Housto suburb) has had coordinted fireworks displays every year for over so years. It's very upscale now but they still do it. It starts on the west end at the Hilton, moves to the opposite end right at the point before the lake feeds into Galveston Bay,with Kemah and Seabrook having one.. Then ends ion the middle of the lake with fireworks launched from barges in the lake. People spend the day at the park. And then towards the end of the day more people show up with their families and quilts for the ground of course! So many that there is no place to step, quilts and families overlapping, sharing water, soft drinks and ice. A chorus of ohhh's and ahhhh's at every new boom. I love it. We all we as kids, and have brought our kids up the same way. I really miss going. Even if it is 2 hours or more in traffic to get out!

Thank You and happy, safe and healthy holiday weekend this July.. to all chatters, USA or Not.

Saw the fireworks, drove 25 miles to see them, but it was fun, very little traffic once we got out of town.

Had the best meal I think I've had in many months. We were blessed, both are busy quilting. himself is sewing, I'm cutting, trimming, laying them out in the order to sew, etc. Working real well for now.

Ritar

Archived