Ready for the Quilter, now.

Well, what he wants me to do between some patterns he decided on, didn't enhance the quilt at all. too many directions to go and too many sizes to make, sort of confuses... I really wish we'd thought of cross hatching.. could have used the Topper board for it. And it really would have set off the pattern he chose.

Oh well, it's his choice now, rip or leave it.

Might be some sore hands around here for a while.. Michele, wanna come and helP?,

Heidi M? Boni R? Linda? Dennis? Meg? peggy? anyone else???

Shoot, I knew it.

Yup, somehow it's going to be what he wants, AS LONG AS IT LOOKS GOOD

RitaR

Really my fingers shouldn't be ripping at all with all the pulling of threads.. Carpal tunnel in the wrist, cubital tunnel in the elbow, arthritis in the hands. But it's getting frogged.. I just close my eyes and pull a thread. ROFL.. not.

No picts our living room is so full of threads you'd not be able to see the quilt.

When it's done.

Himself and herself.

I forgot bout this quilt. we are ripping all but the circles and colored berry or candy, border.

Most of the colored blocks, the large blocks are taken care of. Need filler in parts though, and then in the white.. cross hatch, pebbles, very small meandering??? Not feathers... it looks horrible.. that's what we are ripping.

Any art work to help him visualize it with what you are suggesting would be a big blessing for us. He has asked me to ask for it, said seeing something may help him understand.

RitaR

post--13461902303158_thumb.jpg

Rita

Sorry you have to be frogging doesnt sound like much fun at all. If I didnt have a house full of kids and grands this weekend I would think about coming to help you and bringing my crosshatch rulers for you to try out. I have a quilt on the frame that I am trying to figure out what to do now that I have finished the SID. Decisions, decisions. I will have to sleep on any ideas I might have for you as my brain went to sleep about an hour ago and I am about to follow suit.

I had to frog almost half of that little baby quilt and that was tough enough!!!!!! I will do anything to get out of frogging!!!!

BTW-

Some of my most cherished possessions are the ones made by my father's or mother's hand. I am sure his 'mom' will feel that way too.

Julia, Bernice loves him.. she baby sat him and house kept when he was a toddler, up to about school age, and thinks the world of him. She is a love.. always has a very big long hug for whoever gets to her first, the others have to wait their turns, and believe me it's worth waiting.

She will cherish anything he makes her, bird house, quilt, a rock that says on one side, "Please Turn me over" and the other side says, "Ahh, feels So Good!"

He and I both are concerned with this quilt. We decided on feathers and it looked Terrible. he used 3 rings in each block.. and wanted the feathers outside each large circle. Well I pretty well managed that, but it looked like crap and the look on his face agreed before he said Oh No. I think we have it about half frogged now. I will be gone Fri. evening at a guild Lock down from 7 to 7 all night. Sewing, sewing, sewing.

Supposed to be 9 or 10, we are now down to 3 maybe 4, but doubtfull.

Roland will get it finished the way he wants.

Rita

Archived