Australian APQS owners - some really exciting news -

Hi everyone

Last week my hard drive died, luckily we had just saved my accounts records but all my emails have gone. Since I've got the flu, I don't feel like entering hundreds of names and addresses manually, so I would appreciate it if you could send me a quick email so that I can put you back in my mail address book, then I will be able to email you in the next few days with some exciting news.

Thanks

sue in australia

smorris@comcen.com.au

Claudia,

Since you have just found diving, can I say that Australia has THE GREAT BARRIER REEF a fantastic diving site!!!! We are surrounded by lovely clear ocean water.

Some really good boat wrecks, even very close to Melbourne, I must ask my husband the name of the one he used to dive at.

Europe is not that far if you come via Asia!

AND we are friendly, loveable quilters always on the search for ways to expand our quilting horizons.

So "come on down" and "we'll throw another shrimp on the barbie" and all those other sayings from the Australian Tourism advertising.

Lyn

In Sunny Queensland where winter temperature is 22 degrees celsius

I think Claudia is bursting with excitement!

Claudia has agreed to come and teach us in late November/early December THIS year. She is only available for a short time as she has family commitments and it is so close to Christmas, so we are really lucky to have her come to visit us. The classes range from hands on to lecture style and will be held in Melbourne. There will also be a trunk show and maybe we will get a sneak preview of Claudia's entry for MQS 2010.

If you are interested in attending and want to know more about what classes are being offered and an approximation of cost, accommodation etc, please email me privately and I will get back to you by Wednesday of next week.

Please email me privately,

sue in australia

smorris@comcen.com.au

So that means I will get to meet some more of the APQS chatters in person.

I am really looking forward to this trip to "Mexico" may be I should say "Brazil" now that I have to cross TWO borders to get there.

Plus we get to have Claudia show us how to do it.

I know Claudia likes chocolate so what do we consider Australian. The violet crumble is but any others?

Lyn

Hi everyone

I'm just checking on accommodation for the interstate ladies, and seeking a corporate discount, at two motels locally, I'd like to have ALL the information for you rather than sending it bit by bit so, you should all receive emails on Thursday with the details.

It will be first come first served and I'll try to match up "groups of friends" and skill levels as much as possible.

We hope to have two Millis and 2 Lennis (might need to borrow a Lenni head), all you'll need to bring is your notebook and a fun sense of humour. Husbands can be amused at the golf club, the boat shop, or they can sit and watch the footy on our TV.

I'm away for a few days so won't be posting, but you can email me.

sue in australia

Ok do you hear that sound, its the sound of me sobbing into my cereal.:(:(:( I have just organised a week long patchwork/quilting retreat in October and my darling sweet husband has taken holidays for that month to stay home and baby sit the dogs.

It would have been great, fantastic, awe inspiring etc etc to go to Melbourne and meet Claudia and the rest of you but unfortunately I won't be able to make it:(:(

Now where are the tissues....

Hi Jenny

As there are no dates yet I can't commit to Melbourne. My husband works on a mine site, 2 weeks on 1 week off so I can't always be lucky to have him home when I want. He is taking all of October off so best not push my luck.

Lyn I am off to Lake Tinaroo on the Atherton Tablelands. There are no tutors just a group of us from 3 different quilt clubs who get together for a week of sewing, talking, laughing and happy hour.

We have tried to leave our dogs once before with friends but they fret too much and won't eat, did I mention that they are pampered pooches, I have hand fed them since they were puppies.

Archived