Holly's cicular feathers

I have my circles marked all the way around this bad boy...just can't figure out what to do in those corners. When you have three circles going in different directions it boggles the mind. Also, I can't read the writing on the drawing she posted so I am going to wing that part, but I think that will be a cinch...it's just the corners.

Oh, it's so nice to know other people forget to do things too! LOL!

Mary Beth, I have a vision of you sitting, waiting for these feathers, drumming your fingers on your sewing table! LOL!

I have no idea what feathers you're all talking about, but I can't wait to see them. Maybe I'll look up Rhonda Beyer while we wait on Holly.

I would look at Rhonda Beyer's stuff....but I can never find it when I do a google search. I find a blog, but I can't seem to access it here at work. I only see pictures of Jack Russell dogs and children. Very cute...but not what I am looking for. How do I find a picture of her quilt with this round feather treatment??:o

Thank you Jeanne! That helped. So she stitched her circles. I kept thinking I would rather use my CL and slap those circles on the quilt. It took me about 3 days to draw around a salad plate to get the right size circles on my qulit, &*%&$^%$^*, ;) I like the way Rhonda did the crosshatching and the feathers...that looks so good. I may just need to draw the circles out on paper and PPP to see a good option for stitching the corners. Man I hate to practice :D

If the circle feathers that you are waiting for are the ones that were posted on here a couple of weeks ago, they are not the same as Rhonda's. Hers are very nice in a much different way. Holly's don't stitch the circle, it just provides a placement for the feathers in the melon of the overlap and continuous on to the next one.

I would like to see the corners too.

Yes, Madelyn, that is the one I am looking for, and I know they are a bit different in that Holly didn't stitch the circle. I am just wanting to see how she treated the corners. Right now I have 3 circles intersecting and it ain't pretty! I need to figure out how to handle it and was hoping someone had a solution without me getting out paper and practicing :) I want someone else to do all the work and then give me pictures :D

Archived