Chalk-o-Liner

I usually just lurk here while I eat lunch at my real job. I have learned so much from everyone here and approciate how everyone freely shares information and ideas. I especially enjoy photos.

I have a problem. I used a yellow Chalk-o-liner on a customer quilt. I usually use a micro fiber towel and give it a good rub and it is gone. It did not work. I tried water and the micro fiber towel and it still did not work. Now what do I do?

Thanks in advance ..... I know someone will have the right trick in their bag.

Don

You might also use Sew Clean - I hate yellow chalk - actually, I hate most marking tools - have had the best luck with

marvey markers (purple)

school chalk

Sew Line or Clover's silver/grey mechanical pencils (use the fabric eraser to get these lines off) and works well if you mark very lightly.

I wish you luck. I might add that in the old pre-LA days, I used a yellow marking pencil (not having been educated on this site) and lucky for me the yellow marks came out in the wash.......

I to do not use any chalk color but white. But have used a mr.clean magic eraser (dry) to remove chalk and chalk pencil. just swipe it til marks are gone

If u need to use color- don't use full stength. Mix one part color (pink/blue/yellow) to four parts white. That will make it just constraty enough for you to see to quilt,but light enough marks to easily remove

Hope this helps

I know this subject comes up many, many times. I wish our LQS would quit buying these markers. There's plenty of good markers out there for them to sell. Do not use the yellow, pink or blue and please get the word out. My heart misses a beat everytime I see someone post "help, marker won't come out". Don, sorry this doesn't help you. In addition, to the recommendations here try using the search feature of this feature for more info.:(

Thanks for all the empathy. Last nignt my wife came into the studio and found me with a spray bottle and a micro fiber towel again. She asked if I had thrown it out. I will tonight. I got most of it out, but I can still see it. I will suggest the customer wash the quilt. It has a lot of raw edge applique on it so I certainly dont want to wash it. Again, thanks for sharing in my time of need.

Archived