Glue?

I use Sure Clean to clean the spray adhesive off of my embroidery hoops and it works much better than Goo Gone. I don't clean the hoops often, and they are a real mess by the time I get around to cleaning them. I buy the Sure Clean at Sally's Beauty Supply, but other beauty supply shops probably carry it or a similar product. You don't have to be a beautician to shop there (I'm not), and the cost is about $10 for a 16 oz. bottle. You might have to tell the sales person it is used to clean hot wax machines - often they don't know what I'm talking about until I tell them what it is sold for. I use it to clean other things that have sticky tags, too. It will remove nail polish, or soften acrylic nails, doesn't smell too good and you should wear gloves when using it. But it works great!

A nicer product is Orange TKO, but you can't buy it in the stores. I got our last bottle off of ebay. It smells like citrus and does all that Sure Clean does, without the bad odor.

Originally posted by seakitten

Good to know. I am about to have to remove the velcro that cushions the roller brake, 'cause it's peeling off on its own, & not in a good way. Any suggestions on what to replace it with?

You might try going to the hardware store and looking for ultra-fine sandpaper (200 or so). There are some types that come with a sticky back that could be used. The sandpaper will give the brake something to grip onto.

Archived