What a treat!!! Went to Camp Mowana for show and tell and guess who I met?

Well, Rita and I had quite a long day yesterday! We went up to Streetsboro to drop off quilts for a show this weekend... (this show stuff can be addicting!) It was 45 minutes up there then another half hour to 40 minutes to find the right church! ( took the wrong page of the brochure, and had a different address - another whole story!) Anyway, we found them! Dropped off quilts, had a bite to eat and were off to Mansfield...

Arrived in Mansfield right about 3. (about 2 hours from Streetsboro) Called a quilty friend (not from the chat) from our Zanesville group... went to Hobby Lobby! Love that place, and while there our friend came and surprised us in the store! Then we went and met another Zanesville friend and had a nice bite to eat!

Then we all "mosied" over to Camp Mowana for show and tell at Deloa's quilting retreat camp! What great accomodations! What friendly teachers and people!

AAAANNNNNDDDD.....

I met Peggy! (Peglu) - OMG what a sweetheart! So great to get to meet and hug ITF! (in the flesh), Then I met Michelle (mrmquilt) and again what a "stitch" she is! So funny! Then I met Charlotte (cwbowser)! What a tiny, sweet, talented person who give great big hugs! Linda Gibbons who is so cute and completely talented too! AND HEIDI! So awesome to meet you Heidi!

AND I got to see the INFAMOUS hunter's star!!! IN PERSON! I'll show those pics later on my webshots, but first, here's the "Chat Girls" at Camp Mowana!

Pic:

Dora (Zanesville group), Linda (lindasewsit), Bobbi47, Heidi, Charlotte, Rita, Peggy is hiding behind Michelle!

We had so much fun - I met Jamie, and Pam Clarke and of course Dave and Deloa... Such great people and so completely talented!

I'll write more later, and post more pics, but gotta go babysit now!!!

post--13461902670081_thumb.jpg

Oh, I'm going next year. I'm soooo jealous!:P:P So glad you all had a great time! :P

Dee tried to talk me into coming this year while I was In Kansas City for MQS, but did I listen? Noooooo! Next year I'm there!

Thanks for sharing the pictures:P:P You are all gorgeous!:P:P

Oh, and good luck at the Streetsboro show. I'm going, just don't know which day.

Thanks Bobbi for the joy. . .I can hardly wait for the Moxie meeting in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to meeting ITF those I've been chatting with for so long. The picture is great---no need to be perfect. I can just feel the excitement and joy of quilting with kindred spirits.

That line-up at Mowana sounds wonderful--a dream retreat. Looking forward to more pictures and what you learned.

OK, Michele, can't find your email to send you your "posed" pic with Heidi! I'll put it here on the chat if ya don't U2U me! LOL It's sooooo funny!

Linnea, if you go on Sat, let me know.... I will be going up on Sat about 2 to see the show and stay to pick up my quilts... Would love to meet you!

Bobbi,

Thanks for posting the picture...I think! LOL I looked like a drowned rat! I have to tell you all I had been walking in the misty rain all day and my fine thin hair was not my friend! Looks like I have it pulled back but sadly I didn't! Sigh!

We are having the best time and I have to tell you all these gals on chat are so nice! Charlotte is my roommate and she is the sweetest person! We have roomed together for 2 years at MQX and I'm lucky she lives near me. Michele is a hoot and you always know when she is in the room. LOL I love you Michele. Her hand dyed fabric is gorgeous. You should see the backer she did for Peggy...yummy! Peggy of course is always so sweet. Linda too is the sweetest. You should have heard her squeal with delight last night as she was making a design with the Quiltazoid. I wish I had that on film!

Dave, Deloa, Jamie & Pam are just the best. Dave works his butt off setting up the machines for us. He only grumbles a little :P. Deloa, Jamie and Pam are all so talented and so giving. I'm telling you guys if you ever get the chance to come you should! Next year they are limiting to 36 students so be sure to get your deposit in early. $100 holds your spot. I don't think I'll be coming next year because my guild is planning a trip to Houston but I will be so sad to miss camp. This is my 3rd year. We crashed last night around midnight although I can't say I fell asleep until almost 2. I feel like I've been out drinking all night...lol I need more coffee. I have an all day class with Jamie and I'm sure it will be another winner! Miss you all and hope that one day I get to meet you all at camp!!!!

We're going to try to set up a camp in Upstate NY too so maybe I'll see you all at that one.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! What a BLAST!!!! I'm home and I am on OVERLOAD!!! Camp was the BEST!!! It was the greatest to meet all the chatty friends!!! I cannot believe all the stuff I learned!! Jamie, Deloa and Pam are the most wonderful teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really am at a loss for words how good they are!! I am so tired right now, I can hardly think, but ahhhh.......soooooooo worth it! Bobbi, it was so neat to meet you and Rita too! And Michele, you are a hoot!! fun! fun! fun! learn ! learn! learn!! Can't wait till next year! loved it! linda

Michele you are always a handful! LOL Bobbi yes I am cringing as I see those pictures but I rarely like my picture! My hair looked like that the whole time I was there! LOL rain is not my friend!!!!! I guess you missed the picture where we were waving at you! It was so wonderful meeting all of you and being with those from last year! We had a great time but I know Charlotte and I were exhausted from not sleeping much! It was definitely worth it though.

Bobbi,

I didn't even know that you were taking pictures from the front of the room. It was great meeting you and Rita. We did have a great time. By Wednesday I was wiped out and went to bed and read while everyone else was up and chit chatting. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I am glad that I went to camp but I am glad to be home.

Charlotte

Archived