OK, what is this pattern??

Or is it a pattern?? And wwyd?? (what would you do) I thought about and all over, but there are some nice blank spaces in there. Too bad they are not consistent. I guess I could weave my way around through them. I don't want o change threads. Mother Goose looks really nice, and blends in pretty well with even the darker colors.

post--13461902688465_thumb.jpg

I would stitch an all-over leaf design using a sage green thin thread like BL or So Fine. The thin green thread will unite the blocks

--there seems to be a lot of cream fabric and the placement does not let the eye rest anywhere.

I keep looking for a plan, and I can't make one out! Unless it was to use up all the cream fabric!

It looks like the piecer used the cream in the blocks and then again for sashing so there are floating colored fabrics just hanging there.

Sorry for being critical:o--it is pretty, just un-planned looking.

Anyway--overall leaves and tendrils would be pretty and could easily go out into the flowery border as well.

No clue about the pattern, either, but it is nice. I would think an overall design would do this justice; perhaps a panto, or one of the numerous Circle Lord pattern boards, or the other brands that are out there. (I don't know if you have the boards, or not, but I love using my CL pattern boards on this type of quilt.)

I agree with Linda ; it is VERY un planned looking!!!:o:o When I asked her what the pattern was she could not remember! No wonder, there is no rhyme or reason to these blocks.

I also though Baptist Fan, or an all over leaf & flower. I'm still thinking.

AND, I have to call her because her backing (flannel sheet taken apart) has 2 tiny weeny holes!:o:o Great, just great.

Thank again for your help girls!!:D:D:D

Archived