Help Sourcing

No, but Cathy Franks recommended 4x by Superior as her heavyweight soluble of choice for extreme threadart...

What about Floriani - great range of stabilisers - distr by Lords Sew and Knit Centre somewhere in the North of England with an old fashioned name like Odswestry (I made that up - Google Lords Sew & Knit)!

I use Badgemaster instead of the Ultra Solvy. It is a very heavy water soluble film and I use it for stitching lace embroidery. I purchase it from 5T's Embroidery Supply, and here's a link to their website page

http://5ts.com/machine-embroidery-supplies/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=badgemaster

I called to inquire whether they would ship to the UK and they will, but I have no idea what the shipping charges would be. Just as infomation, and as an alternative should you be interested.

Not sure what you're needing it for, so this may not be appropriate, but try some of the embroidery supply companies. I use American Embroidery Supply. They have some water solubles that are a lot more like fabric with fibers.

Fred Lebow of Lebow Consulting has sent me samples in the past...he develops this stuff. He may be able to put you in contact with a source local in UK. flebow@lebowconsulting

Anita

I use wash away stabilizer when using my DM to make stand alone lace projects. I like the stuff that is more like fabric over the Ultra Solvey or the Badgemaster stuff. The plastic type tends to rip with repeated stitches required for the stand alone lace.

Pamela

Archived