MQX classes posted

Gator

Irene,

Yeah I had this happen last night. I found the whole thing very frustrating. I think it is great that they have gone green but why on earth do you have to sign up to request a copy? When you go down the page for the catalog there is a hyper link to request a copy. You actually have to add it to your account and then they will authorize you to have access. It took mine about 30 minutes. I also didn't like trying to scroll through the classes on my little laptop. It doesn't fit the screen right and I couldn't scroll across the page. It was most annoying.

I signed up to be able to view mine online a month ago. I've redone per their request three times to view it - still a no no. They must be getting a big headache about now. It's been posted on a lot of forums that it's up and running.

I feel for whoever is trying to get this rolling.

There are 2 ways to view the catalog. One is to just view it the way you described. It didn't fit the screen well.

The other was to download a pdf of the catalog. That's what I did. I just printed it out from there. I like being able to look at it AND touch it! ;)

Originally posted by Sunimp

Thanks Heidi - I was finally able to get it. Wonder who came up with that brilliant idea!

I picked up a new expression in Texas - "you can't fix stupid" and couldn't help but think of it when I was trying to get this class list to download!:P

LOL I'll have to remember that one. I have no idea why you'd have to register to download the book. I could see if you were ordering a paper copy but....I'm sure there is some good reason that we don't see.

Heidi,

I think is so they can have a current address, phone number and e-mail address. I was able to download it and then I printed it out. I spent last night looking at the different classes. The awards day is wrong in the booklet. I think they meant that it would be Wednesday night before the preview and Friday before the banquet. There aren't any breakfast class/lectures either. Things change I guess.

Charlotte

Charlotte,

I had registered and logged in and then had to request the catalog. That was what irritated me. I had already registered so they had all my current information. Like I said I'm sure there is a reason for it but it is most annoying. LOL I don't have much patience for stuff like that. I read that the awards were going to be before the open house Wed. night. Do you think now it will be before the banquet?

Heidi,

I think if you look at the catalog in the class section they have the awards banquet on Wednesday before the show opens. Even on the page that talks about the Awards Ceremony it says that the winners will be able to pin the ribbon on their winning quilt which would be impossible on Friday since we aren't allowed into the show after the banquet on Friday. Somebody goofed with the date. It has to be Wednesday like it says on page 24 on the class page for Wednesday.

Charlotte

Hi.

I think we must have over-loaded their computer system with so many attempted downloads at the same time! I got on easily later that night.

The preview is for attendees of the Awards Ceremony. The Ceremony ends at about 6 pm on Wednedsay...attendees can go directly to the quilt exhibit and vendor area...then the others who are registered for classes and such, can go into the area at 6:30. The next day, it is open to all. It is a great show and should be even better in the new venue.

That is how I understand it all...hope it helps!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW NJ

Archived