Where did September go? And where did October go? Seriously!!! No joking...

"Quilt Hawaii," June 29 - July 4, at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort, only info on the web that I've seen is http://www.quiltventures.com/qhawaii.htm.

My DH and I had already planned a trip over there for a convention (at Waikoloa, of all places) the week after July 4th, and just stumbled on this reference on the Superior Thread website.

To top it off, we have a friend (of a friend) that has a condo on the Kona Coast, willing to let us stay there for our visit - can you say "meant to be"?;)

And where, in the Hawaiian Islands, is the best scuba diving? Why, the Kona Coast, of course!!:P:P:P

I'll definitely have to stop in and see Catherine in Coffeeland - she's on Kona, as well, and has posted that she'd like to have maintenance done on her Millie. What do you think the TSA will think of all my tools and spare parts?

Well, I was going to comment on where the time went but now it seems we're planning a trip around the world! How kool is that?

By the way, with the wind, that's where the time went... for today, I will take my "present"... as a gift!

Tomorrow we will travel the world!

Quilt Hawaii is a small show by Mainland standards, but it is a lot of fun & they bring some great teachers. I encourage all of you to check it out & enter quilts, even if you can't come, but I hope you can. It's a long drive from my house, so I will probably rent a condo at the resort with some of my guild, the Aloha Quilters. That will be Party Central (BYOSewing machine). Before & after, people are welcome to stay with me.

Oh, I want to go to Vancouver Island too. One of my all-time favorite places. Let me know when you plan the trip.

Originally posted by seakitten

Bonnie, you know that if you can remember the 70's you weren't there, right?

Nope I wasn't there in that manner of speaking....country kids didn't do that stuff...that was for the long hairs and hippies..... the ones we loved to find stoned at a party and we would shave their hair off....or at least cut the pony tail off.:cool::P:cool::P

:P:D;):):cool: Way to go Bonnie, I grew up in the 60's & 70's and never did that stuff, cutting off their ponytails, LOL!

I'm with the rest of you, can't imagine where the time has gone these past few months. I have gotten many quilts done for my customers and I too am looking at the light at the end of the tunnel and boy it sure looks good!

In hope of not letting the holidays get away from us I've started scheduling activities with my kids that live at home to put up the outside decorations and spend and afternoon and evening doing a winery tour, dinner and going to see the Christmas lights and show at Longwood Gardens. If we don't plan it now it will be 2010 before we know it and we won't have made the memories!

Archived