Easy Threading Needles

Recently there was a post regarding easy/self threading needles and related problems. I just saw a link to this website on another forum. I haven't tried them, the person posting the information seems pleased with them. They are a little different to the needles that I have bought before. Has anyone tried them?

Sue

www.spiraleyeneedles.com/

I haven't tried then but they look like they won't "eat" the thread. The ones you have to pull through a small opening at the top of the needle shred the thread or they break sending the small piece of metal flying. I hope someone can tell us if the spiral eye needles really work. If they do I would order them in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the post.

Charlotte

Originally posted by CWBowser

I haven't tried then but they look like they won't "eat" the thread. The ones you have to pull through a small opening at the top of the needle shred the thread or they break sending the small piece of metal flying. I hope someone can tell us if the spiral eye needles really work. If they do I would order them in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the post.

Charlotte

Charlotte - the John James ones I got at the show work really well. No problems getting the thread in. I wish they would make longer ones though.

I use the easy/self threading needles all the time with very little thread fraying. And while the spiral needles look like they would be easy on your thread, I wouldn't spend that much money on one needle. A package of maybe but it looks like they are sold individually. Out of my price range. and Heidi, where do you get the John James ones?

I tried Dritz Easy Threading Needles. The thread broke and frayed each time I tried to thread it to bury my thread. I finally stopped trying and went back to my quick little backstitch....My nerves can't take the Dritz needles. When I get all excited about it trying it again, I'll get the John James needles at the quilt shop. The Dritz go in the trash!!

I bought a package of the John James needles at my local quilt shop. They are the ones that I couldn't get the thread into. I was using So Fine, and no matter what technique I used, the thread broke or shredded before I ever got the needle threaded. In fact, I tried every needle in the package, and NEVER got one of them threaded with So Fine. Maybe a heavier thread would have worked better, I ended up getting a package of the cheap little needle threaders, 3 for under $2 at JoAnn, and I use them to thread a regular darning type needle. Its easy and works very well. I personally wouldn't bother with the self-threaders ever again.

Archived