Different Type of Photo Quilt

gable428

I want to do a photo quilt of Michael Jackson by printing a bunch of my favorite pics of him off of the internet. Has anyone printed pics from the 'net and put them in a quilt? If so, what's the quality of the pictures? I'm not sure how well they would actually print on the fabric. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

The quality of the photo will depend on how dense the pixels are -- the more you enlarge it, the fuzzier it will get. It will help to use top quality photo paper. I have a friend who makes competition quilts from photographs and uses The Electric Quilt Company 'Inkjet Fabric Sheets'. Have fun with your project!

Thanks Ladies. Connie, I thought about the copyright issue, but since it's going to be something just for myself and I won't be entering it into any competitions or selling it, I am not going to worry about it. Before I actually start I will ask one of the attorneys I work for what he thinks. Thanks again girls:)

To add to what Joan said about the pixels, the density required to display a photo on a monitor is much less than that required to print a photo. You may not get the same quality in the printed version, especially if you enlarge it. To see how well it will work, print it on paper first.

Gable, what a sweet, honorable thing to do; make this quilt for yourself. I know a lot of people have those fan sites on the net and have hundreds of photos on there. I don't know where they find all of these pictures, but I'll bet they copy them from other places on the internet. It's great you work for a law firm and you can get some advice. I think you will be OK as this is a "one time only--not mass produced" and it's personal item you are creating for yourself. :) How sweet! You might go so far as to letting Michael's family know you are making this quilt, or send an email with a photo of your finished quilt to their email address. I think they would be flattered by your action to create this little quilt. Good for you sweet heart! I'd love to see a picture when it's finished, so please share with us.

Oh and regarding the quality of the photos pulled off the internet, I think you are OK as long as you don't expand the size too large or you might get some fuzzieness. I am sure you are using the best product, Printed Treasures, for your project. You will get beautiful results from this product. It has to be an ink jet printer, though.

Shana

Archived