cleaning rails

I clean my rails using rubbing alcohol on a rag. I also wipe them down between cleaning with a fabric softener sheet. Use a q-tip with alcohol to clean the wheels. I have heard some using a car cleaner or wax but can't remember the names of the products. I am sure some else will chime in with that.

I just completed 2 days of classes with Dawn in Des Moines and this question came up. She said the older machines had wheels that required stronger cleaning of the rails due to the oxidation and with the newer machines we don't need to use car wax and only need to use alcohol to wipe down the rails and wheels.

I'm sure Dawn said when the wheels changed but my brain is weary from 2 days of learning and I don't recall. My Millie is newer so didn't apply to me and I let it fly by. Best if you give APQS a quick call and ask. They are always there to help and won't mind the question. And if you do call, would you mind posting the answer for everyone? Thanks!

I don't think we can buy neat ammonia in the UK! I'm sure it might be an ingredient of explosives...:P

I wondered for ages what "rubbing alcohol" was before it dawned on me that it must be surgical spirit!

There has been discussion on the LAUK site about cleaning rails and edgeriders for the IQ system using Windolene??

Archived