what do you think about this one?

HI ! I got a quilt last night that she wants for Christmas!!!!!!!! AGH! Ok... I am posting some pics with the stencils she wants me to use... I think inbetween needs something very plain, and I was just thinking swirvey lines about an inch or so apart. it messures 5 '' . What do you all think? Thanks for the input... linda

post--13461902951597_thumb.jpg

LInda I really like those stencils. I think I would use straight lines if she doesn't want stippling around it. Maybe cross hatching or even concentric straight lines or even piano keys. I don't think I'd get too swirly with the background fill since you really want those stenciled areas to pop so if you counter it with straight lines it will pop more.

Thanks!! Heidi, Straight lines! I do like that idea! I just knew it needed something really plain in the opposite spaces... MB, she really liked that stencil, so I am going with it.... it does have some swirlies in it, so I think they will look ok together. The border of the whole quilt is about 7'' and the leaf stencil is too small for that. I looked online to see if they had a bigger stencil for that design, but they don't. So I was thinking piano keys for the border... do you all think that sounds good? Thanks so much for the input!! linda

Linda - both stencils are lovely. I like the center one especially if you contrast it with some

straight lines. All those graceful curls will look lovely quilted up.

Do you plan to repeat that center curvy motif elsewhere in the quilt? I love to repeat/coordinate my

designs throughout the quilt to unify it.

I am not sure that the oak leaf border is the perfect choice to "go with" the curly motif. Maybe you could

freehand a similar design in that next step.

Archived