Help!!!!

Sometimes, when I use a polyester thread without a net, it comes of the spool to fast, jumps out of the pigtails and catches on the pigtails screws. It shreds and breaks there. Are you using Polyester thread? If so, try a threadnet halfway up the cone. It slows it down somewhat and I have my tension nice and tight. Just something else to look for along with all the other advice.

I just read the posts here about dry thread (it has thread in the topic line). She has found humidity to make a difference in some of the thread breakage. Would this be affecting yours? It would be worth a try, and some humidity would only help even just the dryness of your skin in working with the fabrics. Good luck.

I had that happen and it was the thread. I replaced the thread and the machine worked fine. The "bad" thread does work in the bobbin so I didn't have to throw it out. I wrote on the cone bottom for bobbin only so I wouldn't use it on the top by mistake.

Charlotte

Thank you for all your thoughts on this problem. I tried changing threads and bobbin threads. I used King Tut on the top and so fine on the bottom. I tried all your ideas but to no avail. I have emailed my APQS rep and am waiting to hear from her. I hope I can get her and her husband to come and see what is going on. I will keep you posted on the problem! Thanks everyone!:)

Archived